2012 season ticket ad campaign revealed

Published: Monday, July 9, 2012

Updated: Monday, July 9, 2012 01:07

SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

The youth football versions of the Bulls huddle together in a scene from the new USF football season ticket ad.

With the USF football season quickly approaching, the university’s athletic department has revealed its season ticket ad campaign.

The ad depicts a group of youth football players wearing USF football uniforms, including B.J. Daniels’ no. 7 and Lindsey Lamar’s no. 5 jerseys, and is called “Dream in Green and Gold.”

The commercial alternates between images of the youth league and current football players, representing the dream of being involved with the USF football program. According to one alumna, the commercial did the trick.

“I really loved what they did with the ad this year,” said Auna Yeager, a 2011 psychology graduate and future season ticket holder. “I wasn’t totally sure whether or not I was going to buy season tickets, because it’s so expensive. But I loved how they did the commercial — it made me want to buy them.”

The ad attempts to touch the hearts of Bulls fans, showing them the dream that begins the career of any athlete. The ad then appeals to fans who are looking to help that dream, by supporting those players on game day.

The ad was filmed at Raymond James Stadium. The campaign began with the release of the ad on Tuesday, and will continue to run until the beginning of football season Sept. 1. USF Assistant Director of Athletics for Marketing and Revenue Ayodele Taylor-Dixon said the campaign will remain essentially the same with slight changes as the season moves closer.

“This ad will definitely be the look and feel for the season,” he said. “We’ll be tweaking some things when we get into individual games — personalizing them — but this is the campaign for this season that we’ll be going with.”

As with any ad campaign, the main intent is to sell season tickets. With a more emotional look and feel entering the 2012 football season, the ad campaign will create a bond that could lead to stronger sales numbers.

Yeager sees the ad campaign as more than just a sales pitch. She says that she sees a commitment to fan experience, which she finds valuable.

“They didn’t go with a cookie-cutter kind of ad, where they just tell us to buy season tickets, they put a lot of thought into it,” she said. “It means a lot, because it shows that they made an effort to reach out to fans.”

Fans can purchase 2012 football season tickets, which start at $75, by visiting GoUSFBulls.com or calling 1-800-GoBulls.