Phi Kappa Phi Accepting Applications for Dissertation Fellowship Program

The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines, is now accepting applications for its Dissertation Fellowship Program. Ten fellowships of $10,000 each will be awarded.

Introduced in 2014, the program is designed to support doctoral candidates who are writing their dissertations. To be eligible, applicants must be an active Phi Kappa Phi member in the dissertation writing stage of doctoral study. All pre-dissertation requirements should be met by the November 30 deadline including approval of the dissertation proposal.

“It is an honor to receive the Dissertation Fellowship from The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi,” said Malinee Neelamegam, a 2018 Dissertation Fellow. “The ABD finish line is challenging, and the fellowship will allow me to work towards completing my doctoral journey successfully. Beyond the financial assistance, the fellowship provides doctoral students like me the motivation and reassurance of the importance of the work we do.”

The selection process for a dissertation fellowship examines how the fellowship will contribute to the completion of the dissertation, the significance of original research, and endorsement by the dissertation chair. Recipients will receive $10,000 to apply toward 12 months of dissertation writing.

The dissertation fellowships are part of the Society’s robust portfolio of award programs, which give nearly $1 million each year to outstanding members through graduate fellowships, study abroad grants, funding for post-baccalaureate development, and grants for local, national and international literacy initiatives.

The deadline to submit an application for a dissertation fellowship is November 30, 2018, and recipients will be notified by March 1, 2019. For full eligibility requirements and application instructions, visit www.phikappaphi.org/dissertation.

About Phi Kappa Phi
Founded in 1897, Phi Kappa Phi is the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines. Phi Kappa Phi inducts approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni annually. The Society has chapters on more than 300 select colleges and universities in North America and the Philippines. Membership is by invitation only to the top 10 percent of seniors and graduate students and 7.5 percent of juniors. Faculty, professional staff and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction also qualify. The Society’s mission is “To recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others.” For more information, visit www.phikappaphi.org.

###

CONTACT
Hannah Breaux
Communications Director
hbreaux@phikappaphi.org
225.923.7777