5 Unexpected Subscription Must Haves This Fall

As college students, most of us have had some type of subscription before, whether it’s Netflix or subscribing to your favorite store’s newsletter. Subscriptions can be amazing as they can save time and money, or provide much needed entertainment. However, with the tons of services that exist, finding the best ones can be a challenge. As a head start, I’ve put together a list of the 5 most unexpected and underrated subscription services that every college student needs this fall!

Cengage_StudentSummit2017-1-4

1.) Blue Bottle Coffee / MixCup

Coffee in college is a must! Blue Bottle Coffee is a subscription that sends coffee straight to your door. For as little as $8 per month plus shipping, the service allows you to customize how frequently you want to receive coffee and offers choices in origins, blend and espresso.

For as little as $12.95 per month, MixCup offers a very similar subscription with K-Cups for all you Keurig lovers out there! Coffee is every college student’s not-so-secret addiction, and this service makes it easier and cheaper!

2.) Sparkle Hustle Grow

This membership service is a unique and relatively new monthly subscription box targeted for motivated female students and entrepreneurs. For $24.95 per month, it includes four to six items in each box ranging from books and planners, to pens and chic office supplies – many of which have inspiring quotes and ideas. Sparkle Hustle Grow is a perfect box for students who want to decorate their dorm with motivating items that they’ll use every day!

3.) Cengage Unlimited

Course materials are important for learning, but they shouldn’t make you bankrupt! Therefore, Cengage Unlimited is the perfect service for college students on a budget. It’s a subscription where students pay a one-time fee of $119.99 per term ($179.99 per year) and get access to all of Cengage’s digital learning platforms, online homework, study tools and eBooks, including more than 22,000 products.

Students using Cengage technology platforms like MindTap or WebAssign also have the option of a print rental for $7.99 with free shipping. Cengage Unlimited is a great tool to get all your materials in one place with access to plenty of study resources. This service will give you the resources you need to succeed in college for about the price of one book!

cu-press-images-01[4]

4.) TheSkimm

TheSkimm is a newsletter subscription service that every college student needs in their life. For most students, the weight of work, class and extracurriculars makes it nearly impossible to stay on top of current events – we’re just too busy! TheSkimm, however, does it for you! It’s a newsletter that sends its subscribers an email every morning with a brief breakdown of all the latest news. It’s an easy-to-read, condensed form of everything you need to know to stay on top of current events. Plus, it’s free!

5.) The Calmbox

The final must-have membership service is perfect for stressed out college students (AKA every college student ever)! The Calmbox is a subscription box that aims to help students calm their nerves and relieve stress. For $35.00 a month, subscribers receive things like books, music, candles, tea, motivational cards, aromatic herbs and more. College can be a stressful time, so take advantage of this membership service to help reduce the stress.

– Kat Humphries

Kat Humphries is a sophomore majoring in Political Science and Criminal Justice at the University of Akron. She works as a Student Ambassador for Cengage and is a Student Assistant for the Engineering Department at her University. In her free time, she is an assistant debate coach for high school students and a writer for Her Campus Akron.