The inaugural Education New Zealand Journalism Fellowship launches

New Zealand Education

Applications for the Education New Zealand Journalism Fellowship open today.

The fellowship is a competitive scholarship aimed at talented US students or recent graduates with an interest in international education and global citizenship.

Three recipients will have the opportunity to travel to New Zealand for a week this June. Airfares, accommodation and meals will be paid for by Education New Zealand.

An independent report from the Economist Intelligence Unit recently ranked New Zealand’s education system as the best in the world for preparing students for the future.

All eight New Zealand universities are ranked in the top 2.5% of the world (QS World University Rankings 2018) and New Zealand has the seventh highest performing graduates in the world, ahead of graduates from many elite universities in the US, Canada and England (2016 OECD Programme for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies).

Education New Zealand’s Director of Education for North America, Amy Rutherford says this is an excellent opportunity for emerging US writers to gain international exposure.

“This is a unique opportunity for recipients to set themselves apart in an increasingly global and competitive market.
“We look forward to seeing the calibre of applicants and to working with recipients to tailor a program of interviews to reflect their particular research interests.”

Recipients will be required to write at least two news stories or one feature article following on from their New Zealand visit.

More information about the scholarship and how to apply is available on the Education New Zealand website.

Applications close Saturday 14 April at 5:00pm, Eastern Time.

###

Media Contact
Lucy.Johnston@enz.govt.nz