College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student

Amazon Prime Student members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 30 million items and now receive $10 when they refer a friend to the program.

Prime-student-logo-170x22

SEATTLE, Wash. — The New Year is in full swing and Amazon is helping college students return from the holidays and get ready for the second half of the academic year, from restocking everyday essentials to renting textbooks. Amazon Prime Student, which is half the price of a regular Amazon Prime membership, offers students the ease of shopping online with Free Two-Day Shipping, unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, exclusive college deals and so much more. And, for a limited time, students can earn themselves and their friends a $10 credit for every person they refer who signs up for an Amazon Prime Student trial. Find out more here.

Students who sign up for Amazon Prime Student receive a six month trial and immediately start enjoying Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 30 million items plus free game content with Twitch, unlimited listening to original Audible series and unlimited reading on any device with Prime Reading. Amazon Prime Student members can also take advantage of unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows through Prime Video.

Once bags are unpacked and students settle in to prepare for classes, Amazon makes the transition from vacation back to class easy with the Amazon Textbooks Store, offering savings of up to 80% off list price for rentals between 30 to 360 days and up to 60% off purchases. With Amazon’s flexible rental program, students can decide how long to keep the material. And, when it comes time to send items back, Amazon will pay for return shipping.

And, don’t forget to redeem those Amazon Gift Cards. Amazon Gift Cards do not expire and can be redeemed on hundreds of millions of items on Amazon.com from physical to digital products, including those dorm room or apartment necessities.

For the latest deals on must-have back-to-school essentials, follow Amazon Prime Student on InstagramFacebook and Twitter.

About Amazon Prime Student
Amazon Prime Student gives college students unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 30 million items. Students can sign up for a six-month trial of Amazon Prime Student at no cost to access these benefits, plus unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, free unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos and unlimited reading across devices with Prime Reading. After that it’s just $49 a year — half the price of a regular Amazon Prime membership — and includes over a million songs with Prime Music and exclusive gaming discounts with Twitch Prime. To learn more, visit amazon.com/join-student.

Media Contact:
Carly Golden
gocarly@amazon.com