Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices

ZON

ZON’s Powersol at APPA 2016

July 11, 2016

NASHVILLE, TN – Colleges and universities continuously seek innovative sustainable products and practices which can be implemented as part of campus programs demonstrating their commitment to the environment. At this year’s APPA Annual Conference for Higher Education Facilities Managers in Nashville,В ZONВ will be displaying the innovative and sustainable Powersol Umbrella Solar Powered Charging Station in booth 801. APPA campuses were many of the first to purchase the Powersol from prior conferences where the ZON Powersol was acclaimed by attendees as the most innovative new product. Over 100 campuses nationwide have purchased the Powersol in a little over one year revolutionizing how students charge their mobile devices by using clean solar energy under the comfort of an outdoor umbrella.

Powersol is a solar powered, mobile device charging station built into an extremely durable, affordable commercial grade outdoor patio umbrella. Powersol charges 3 USB devices simultaneously, as fast as a wall outlet, day or night.

Higher education institutions including UCLA, UNC Chapel Hill, USC and Emory are rapidly adopting the Powersol solar mobile charging solution for their campuses as it can blend in with existing umbrellas and be used on existing patio tables making it even more affordable. Campus planners are using the Powersol to bring students to underutilized areas of campus as it provides shade and unlimited charging capacity.

According to Charlie Egan, co-chair of the UNC Chapel Hill student government’s Renewable Energy Social Projects Committee which purchased 19 Powersols for the campus, “In today’s society, one thing we just can’t seem to live without is our phone. Wherever we are, our phones keep us connected. In desperate times of low battery, indoor outlets are traditionally the only place to turn. However, thanks to ZON’s Powersol solar umbrella, desperate times can now be enjoyed outdoors, in the warm sunlight, with the company of your friends. The Powersol solar umbrella offers innovative solar energy technology paired with a battery charging station to allow students the opportunity to charge their phones while sitting at a picnic table outside. Not only does this unique product meet the phone-charging needs of students, but it also serves as a great example of the practical application of solar energy to raise energy awareness on your university campu s.”

“ZON is thrilled to work with campuses,” stated Karina Fedasz, ZON’s COO. “The feedback and enthusiasm we receive from students and faculty regarding their love of Powersol is incredible and inspiring to our team. We will continue to innovate so that campuses have sustainable ways to keep all of their devices charged up!”

About APPA
Over 500 facilities officers, directors and managers throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the world will convene in July 11-13, 2016 in Nashville, TN, where they will identify and discuss the most current and pressing challenges facing educational facilities, and determine the common path forward. Powersol will be on display and for people to charge up their device during the conference at Booth 801.
http://www.appa.org/index.cfm

About ZON®, Inc.
ZON has revolutionized the way people charge up their mobile devices by creating a product that is sustainable, convenient, powerful, and beautiful- the patented and award winning Powersol. ZON rebooted the application of traditional solar power usage by applying solar power to an everyday product that the entire world uses – a commercial grade patio umbrella. The Powersol provides sustainable and convenient mobile device charging ensuring that going green has never been easier. ZON continues to develop sustainable outdoor power solutions utilizing everyday life conveniences and turning them into charging powerhouses that are as attractive as they are effective and powerful.

ZON is women founded, women managed and made in America.

ZON’s Powersol has been issued over 24 design and utility patents in the United States and abroad. Powersol’s launch was well received earning the company multiple awards in just 12 months including “Best Product of the Year” from the Design Journal and Archinterious, “Innovation of the Year” from The Stevie Awards for Women in Business, competing with companies world-wide, “Best Technology of 2015” from Hospitality and Design and “Product of the Year” from BoardRoom Magazine, representing private golf and country clubs of America.
ZON headquarters are in El Segundo, California. For more information visitВ www.zon-technology.com. Charge Up!®

Contact
For ZON:
Cameron Welborn-Wilson
cameron@zon-technology.com