Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with ‘Single Experience Student Platform’

Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA and web and mobile experience management vendor Jadu, Inc. have partnered to implement a single online experience for students and staff, consolidating portal and CMS system into a ‘single campus engagement platform’, Jadu’s Content Portal.

Dickinson, a highly selective college, is home to 2,400 students from across the nation and around the world. A nationally recognized liberal-arts institution, Dickinson is dedicated to global education- at home and abroad-and the study of the environment and sustainability, which is integrated into the curriculum and the campus and exemplifies the college’s commitment to providing students with the skills relevant to 21st century careers.

Described by the college as a project based on “opportunity” and “integration,” Dickinson consolidated Campus Portal and Web Content Management requirements into a single web platform from Chicago-based Jadu, Inc. This platform integrates with the college’s student information system (Banner by Ellucian) for student and employee authentication and identification.

The platform replaced the college’s previous CMS and legacy portal with a system that is available on any mobile, tablet, or desktop device. Students and staff now have a single point of entry for locating important information and functions that are vital to the operation of the college and its day-to-day business transactions. Integration with the college’s CAS authentication services also provides personalization, so students and staff have access to real-time information on courses, academic resources, and other college-related content that is specific to an individual user’s needs.

Robert Renaud, Vice President and CIO at Dickinson College, stated “Given the strategic value of Dickinson College’s web presence we looked not just for a product, but for a long term relationship with a dynamic and responsive company. Jadu’s vision and spirit of teamwork align perfectly with our ambitions.”

“We’re really excited to have partnered with Dickinson and their talented team in delivering this transformational platform”, says Suraj Kika, CEO of Jadu. “What Jadu Content Portal represents is an opportunity for every College and University that uses an enterprise portal and web CMS to consolidate on a single platform for student/prospective student, parent, teacher and alumni engagement on any device. What the teams at Dickinson have delivered is quite simply, beautiful.”

The content in the website portal is personalized based on roles and profiles that exist in the college’s student information system. Jadu Content Portal can also co-exist with an institution’s existing Web CMS system by leveraging seamlessly designed templates. It can be integrated with the college’s enterprise systems such as Student Information Systems (SIS), Document Imaging Systems (ECM) and Learning Management Systems (LMS).

The college’s new website and integrated portal is now live. The web site can be viewed at www.dickinson.edu. The integrated portal is accessible to those with valid access credentials.

Dickinson is now beginning ‘phase 2’ – implementation of the Online Forms capability of the Jadu Content Portal. The Online Forms product will significantly advance how the college delivers online services, especially during times of high-volume activity such as first-year orientation and student organization registration.

For more information, see www.jadu.net/d

Contacts:
John Euston
Vice President, Jadu
john.euston@jadu.net

Christine Dugan
Director, Media Relations
media@dickinson.edu

Images:
Dickinson College logo: http://blogs.dickinson.edu/ecofeminism/files/2010/08/reverse-logo1.jpg
Jadu Logo: http://www.jadu.net/download/downloads/id/2/jadu_logo_-_grey_png.png