GEN.G OPENS APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE SECOND CLASS OF ITS $1 MILLION GEN.G FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PLEDGE

Heron Preston, Executive Brand Advisor for Gen.G, will join PUMA, University of Kentucky, Eastern Michigan University, and brand “Kids of Immigrants” to provide opportunity for the next generation of gaming leaders

LOS ANGELES (April 26, 2021) — Global esports organization Gen.G today announced the opening of the application process for the second annual Gen.G Foundation scholarship. As part of its $1 million pledge over the next 10 years, the fund focuses on supporting women, people of color and low income students enrolled in a U.S university or college who are interested in a career in esports, gaming, entrepreneurship, journalism and content creation. Students can apply at www.geng.gg.

Each student will receive a $10,000 grant to pursue their education and will be a part of Gen.G’s ongoing programming in 2021 for career development. The application process will close on May 31, 2021, and the winners will be announced in September 2021. The first class of Gen.G Foundation Scholarship recipients or Gen 10 was awarded in December 2020 and represented eight states and 11 colleges and universities across the United States.

Executive Brand Advisor for Gen.G, Heron Preston, trailblazing brand and collective “Kids of Immigrants”, global sports company PUMA, University of Kentucky, and Eastern Michigan University will join as partners for the second Gen.G Foundation’s class. Preston will focus on finding creative innovators in the digital space, “Kids of Immigrants” will award a first generation immigrant student applicant with their “Anything Is Possible” grant, PUMA will focus on the development of student esports athletes, University of Kentucky and EMU will award members of their undergraduate community.

“I am so honored to join Gen.G’s commitment to education and to inspire young people to pursue their dreams without barriers,” said Preston. “Investing in this next generation of students and innovators is important to propel change within the industry.”

“It was Gen.G’s great privilege to review so many promising applications for last year’s inaugural Gen 10 class,” said Chris Park, CEO of Gen.G. “So many high-potential students today are gamers, who often hail from underrepresented backgrounds. The Gen.G Foundation’s commitment to better access is a vote of confidence in the enormous pool of talented students around the world, which this year’s Gen 10 class will represent proudly.”

Gen.G is building a global student gaming community that bridges geography, gender, and access. With the establishment of the Gen.G Global Academy in 2019, the Gen.G Scholarship Foundation in 2020, the launch of professional development content series “Work From Home” in 2021, Gen.G continues to evolve the intersection of gaming and educational communities.

About Gen.G
Established in 2017, Gen.G is the leading esports organization connecting the United States and Asia. Currently ranked no. 6 in the Forbes list of the “World’s Most Valuable Esports Companies,” Gen.G is the only major organization that owns and operates top teams in the world’s leading esports markets — China, South Korea and the United States. Its unique portfolio of teams, winners of seven global championships to date, includes the Seoul Dynasty franchise of the Overwatch League; 2014 and 2017 League of Legends world champion team in South Korea; the world’s top all-female Fortnite team, based in Los Angeles; and the NBA 2K League’s historic expansion franchise in Shanghai.

United under #TigerNation, Gen.G’s core mission is to help fans and athletes use the power of gaming and esports to get ahead in and beyond the competition. The company has quickly become a commercial and thought leader, building a global, inclusive and cross-cultural future for sports entertainment. Its widely acclaimed initiatives include: #TeamBumble, the leading team platform for the empowerment of women in gaming; and Gen.G Elite Esports Academy, the world’s first fully-integrated academic esports program. Gen.G’s teams, content creators and corporate staff work out of their offices in Los Angeles, Seoul and Shanghai. More information about Gen.G esports and its teams at geng.gg.

Media Contacts
Gen.G:
GenG@DKCnews.com