CrowdStrike Foundation Accepting Scholarship Applications For 2021-22 Academic Year

Annual scholarship program is open to students pursuing a cybersecurity or AI education

SUNNYVALE, Calif. – (April 15, 2021) – The application period for the CrowdStrike Foundation NextGen Scholarship Program, which provides financial assistance to select undergraduate and graduate students studying cybersecurity or artificial intelligence (AI), is now open and accepting submissions. This year, up to eight (8) scholarships of $7,500 will be awarded. In addition, NextGen scholarship applicants will be automatically included in the candidate pool for CrowdStrike internships.

CrowdStrike Inc., a global cybersecurity leader, established the Foundation and the scholarship program in 2017 to nurture and develop the next generation of talent and research in cybersecurity and artificial intelligence (AI).

According to the 2021 CrowdStrike Global Threat Report, in just two years, there has been a fourfold increase in the number of interactive cyber intrusions involving the use of hands-on-keyboard techniques. Conversely, the development and adoption of AI technology is also on the rise across a variety of industries. As a result, more academic institutions are adding cybersecurity and AI programs to their curriculums to help meet anticipated job market growth.

Applicants must be current undergraduates, graduate students or high school seniors who will be enrolled full-time at a college/university in the United States or Canada in the fall of 2021, majoring in cybersecurity or AI and attaining a minimum 3.30 GPA. Recipients will be selected based on academic achievement, essay content, expressed career interest and work/internship/volunteer experience in cybersecurity, AI or related fields.

The scholarship program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), an independent company that specializes in managing sponsored educational assistance programs. ISTS hosts the online application process, responds to applicant inquiries and performs preliminary ranking for the selection process. For more information about the program and to begin the application process, visit https://www.crowdstrike.org/scholarships.html. The deadline to apply is May 5, 2021.

###

About the CrowdStrike Foundation
CrowdStrike, a leader in cloud-delivered endpoint and workload protection, established the CrowdStrike Foundation to nurture and develop the next generation of talent and research in cybersecurity and artificial intelligence (AI). The CrowdStrike Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Major programs of the CrowdStrike Foundation include:

• NextGen Scholarship Program for undergraduate and graduate students studying cybersecurity and/or AI
• Funding research in cybersecurity and/or AI programs
• Pro bono security software protection for nonprofit/nongovernmental organizations
• Support for communities through philanthropy, volunteering, and other activities

More information on the CrowdStrike Foundation’s programs can be accessed on the foundation’s website.

Contact
The CrowdStrike Foundation
Webbo Chen, 925-212-4622
webbo.chen@crowdstrike.com