Hillel at Davis and Sacramento Names Rachel Darling as Executive Director

The Board of Directors of Hillel at Davis and Sacramento is delighted to announce that Rachel Darling has been named Hillel at Davis and Sacramento’s executive director.

Darling, who has served as the Jewish campus organization’s interim executive director since last November, has built on the previous success and strong foundation that Hillel has enjoyed on the UC Davis campus. Her enthusiasm and warm and welcoming personality have brought a new sense of excitement and inclusion to Hillel.

Under Darling’s leadership, Hillel at Davis and Sacramento has received grants from the Koret Foundation, Sacramento Jewish Federation and Tillie Schiff Endowment. She established a Hillel alumni network with over 130 members and other initiatives that have increased overall student engagement in Hillel programming.

“My vision for Hillel is to empower our students and staff to create a vibrant, magnetic, and student-driven Jewish community in the Davis and Sacramento region,” said Darling. “In this new role, I will continue to listen to our students and provide them with essential tools, guidance and support to thrive as Jewish leaders.”

As a graduate of UC Davis, a former intern and program director at Hillel at Davis and Sacramento, Darling possesses special insight into what successful student programming looks like and is uniquely qualified to serve Hillel at Davis and Sacramento’s Jewish student population.

“We look forward to watching Rachel engage, excite and inspire Jewish students at UC Davis,” said Simone Naftulin, president of the Board of Directors of Hillel at Davis and Sacramento. “With Rachel at the helm, we will continue to enrich the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.”

Darling began her role as executive director of Hillel at Davis and Sacramento on May 1.

About Hillel at Davis and Sacramento

Established in 1965 to provide a home away from home for Jewish college students, Hillel at Davis and Sacramento seeks to enhance the lives of Jewish students; build a Jewish community on campus that will serve as an inspiration and model for what students can contribute to their Jewish communities after college; provide experiences that will strengthen Jewish students’ identification with, and celebration of, their Jewish heritage; act as the Jewish resource to the general campus community; and represent and advocate for Jewish causes and concerns, now and in the future, on campus and beyond.