Bullstock ready to rock USF Week

Young the Giant, along with Andy Grammer and American Authors, will play at Bullstock on Friday at the Sun Dome. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

USF students better get ready to throw those bullhorns in the air Friday night for this year’s Bullstock, the annual music festival held at the Sun Dome as part of USF Week. 

The annual outdoor concert will feature headliner Young the Giant, as well as Andy Grammer and American Authors. 

USF’s Battle of the Band winners, Raquel Cabrera with Aurora and The Western Sons, are set to open the night.

Before the concerts begin, there will be a party at 5 p.m. Pre-parties in the past have featured bungee jumping, rock walls and a zip line.

Young the Giant is a rock band best known for their first hit single “My Body” that landed them on the Billboard 100.

Andy Grammer is a pop singer-songwriter known for his feel-good hit “Keep Your Head Up.” American Authors is a pop rock band known for their songs “Believer” and “Best Day of My Life.”

Funding for Bullstock is distributed by Center for Student Involvement from Student Government funding that comes from the Activity and Service Fee.

For the cost of $75,000, Young the Giant will perform for a minimum of 60 minutes.

Young the Giant made sure the university took care of their crew with an extensive rider that specified requirements such as food, backstage furniture and hygiene supplies. 

The rider indicates Young the Giant and its tour staff support “environmentally friendly touring” by requiring the Sun Dome to have sufficient recycling bins backstage. The university also agreed to provide energy efficient light bulbs for the dressing room and production room.

The band’s contract asked the university to supply organic food, with absolutely no processed food. Some of the food requested is Honey Harvest Coconut Water, a box of berries and variously flavored Kombucha.

The rider requested 12 local beers in the style of IPA or Pale Ale and six Belgian beers. A later clause clarified that they preferred no “BUD/COORS etc.”

Young the Giant’s contract also asked for one bottle of Bulleit whiskey. It was not specified whether this referred to Bulleit Bourbon or Bulleit Rye. 

Andy Grammer will also perform for a minimum of 60 minutes, but at the cost of $35,000. His contract indicated he and his tour staff also wanted some sort of Kombucha. They were content, nonetheless, with a 24-pack of Budweiser, a 12-pack of New Castle and a bottle of Jameson Whiskey.

American Authors will cost $41,500 for an hour of their time. The contract indicated a very specific flavor of Kombucha, specifically raspberry with chia seeds. The band and their crew also appear to be fans of IPAs and Pale Ales, requesting two six-packs of either style, as well as a two 30-packs of Bud Light and a bottle of Jameson Whiskey.

USF Week will conclude with a men’s baseball conference game between the Bulls and the East Carolina Pirates at 6:30 p.m. in the USF Baseball Stadium.