USF looks to continue dominance over UCF

USF has a 21-5-4 record against UCF. ORACLE FILE PHOTO/ADAM
MATHIEU

The Bulls will travel to face struggling UCF tonight as they look to continue their two- game winning streak with a victory against the Knights. USF leads the series 21-5-4, but lost last year’s contest 1-0.

UCF is coming into the game after a 1-0 loss to Connecticut, who USF defeated 1-0 in overtime earlier in the season. USF has a 7-2-3 record when it plays UCF in Orlando.

The Knights are currently ranked last in the AAC, with their only victory Sept. 5 when they defeated FAU 1-0.

With four games remaining in the regular season, a win against the Knights (1-8-4, 0-2-3) would put the Bulls on top of the conference, if first-place SMU were to lose or tie with Tulsa.

With 13 games under its belt, the USF men’s soccer team (8-4-1, 3-1-1) has had success across the board, with 10 different players scoring at least one goal.

Sophomore midfielder Marcus Epps was the most recent player to score his first goal, recording two against SMU on Saturday. He was rewarded for his performance with the title of AAC Offensive Player of The Week.

Senior midfielder Lucas Baldin has been the statistical leader of the team with five goals and eight assists. His eight assists rank him in the top-10 in the nation.

Seniors Edwin Moalosi and Tyler Blackwood are second to Baldin on the team with four goals each.

Moalosi is also second in most assists for the season, with six. Sophomore midfielder Lindo Mfeka and senior Wesley Charpie are third on the team, with four assists recorded.

Sophomore goalkeeper Spasoje Stefanovic is leading the team in saves, with 40. Stefanovic has been awarded AAC goalkeeper of the week honors three times this season. Redshirt junior Dallas Jaye is second, with three saves through 54 minutes played.

USF players have been awarded AAC honors nine times this season. 

The Bulls take on the Knights tonight at 7 at the UCF Soccer Complex.