Young Bulls end resurgent season
After falling just short of the Big East Tournament semifinals, the USF volleyball team returned home for one final game Saturday night, looking to end the season on a high note. Central Michigan, however, had a different plan.
The Bulls were unable to end the season with momentum on their side as the Chippewas took control from the opening tip and, after getting a close win in the opening set, cruised to a two-set sweep over the youthful Bulls, who
finished their 2012 season with a 25-23, 25-16, 25-20 loss.
The young USF roster, led by Big East freshman of the year Erin Fairs, shook off a 2-4 start to the season to make the Big East Tournament which it did not qualify for in 2011 on the final day of the season, beating Connecticut in
straight sets to clinch the 410sixth seed.
After upsetting Notre Dame, the third seed, in the opening round of the conference tournament, the Bulls were unable to recapture the magic against second seed Marquette, ending their conference season and hopes for the NCAA Tournament.
The loss to Central Michigan to close out the season left USFs record at 17-15, with the team finishing with five more wins than a season ago.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone