Young Bulls end resurgent season
After falling just short of the Big East Tournament semifinals, the USF volleyball team returned home for one final game Saturday night, looking to end the season on a high note. Central Michigan, however, had a different plan.
The Bulls were unable to end the season with momentum on their side as the Chippewas took control from the opening tip and, after getting a close win in the opening set, cruised to a two-set sweep over the youthful Bulls, who
finished their 2012 season with a 25-23, 25-16, 25-20 loss.
The young USF roster, led by Big East freshman of the year Erin Fairs, shook off a 2-4 start to the season to make the Big East Tournament which it did not qualify for in 2011 on the final day of the season, beating Connecticut in
straight sets to clinch the 410sixth seed.
After upsetting Notre Dame, the third seed, in the opening round of the conference tournament, the Bulls were unable to recapture the magic against second seed Marquette, ending their conference season and hopes for the NCAA Tournament.
The loss to Central Michigan to close out the season left USFs record at 17-15, with the team finishing with five more wins than a season ago.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities