What you said: Election 2012
Oracle photographer Jasmine Abney interviewed four students at random in the Marshall Student Center to see who they would vote for. This is what they said.
Im voting for Obama, because from the way the media displays Romney, theyre showing that he doesnt care about the middle class and that hes really only caring about the people who are already on their feet. I feel like Obamas changing, but we just have to give him a chance.
Nishant Kardani, sophomore majoring in Information Technology
Im voting for Obama because Im Mexican, and so far he has better political views toward immigration reform and Im really hoping he can help my people out with the Dream Act.
Yesenia Vega, sophomore majoring in architecture
Im voting for Gary Johnson because recently Ive been reading a lot on the Internet, getting into the debates ... A lot of the candidates today, namely Romney and Obama, have presented themselves as two opposing sides arguing back and forth when really they agree on a lot of the same issues. Gary Johnson wants to pull people out of the wars, especially all the secret wars that no one knows about ... In my mind libertarianism is in the best sense for America because not only does it focus on social issues, it focuses on economic issues and brings the best of two parties into one party.
Jason Jagosh, senior majoring in marketing and management
I am not voting because my registration, I havent actually changed it to Tampa. I dont believe that either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama will do anything for the City of Tampa that will leave any lasting change. With the time Id spend changing my registration, standing in line at the ballot box or going back home to vote, I would be able to do more than either of them would do for the city.
Clayton Cullaton, USF alumnus
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
- Yogurt, the front-line defense against Type 1 diabetes?
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind