What you said: Election 2012
Oracle photographer Jasmine Abney interviewed four students at random in the Marshall Student Center to see who they would vote for. This is what they said.
Im voting for Obama, because from the way the media displays Romney, theyre showing that he doesnt care about the middle class and that hes really only caring about the people who are already on their feet. I feel like Obamas changing, but we just have to give him a chance.
Nishant Kardani, sophomore majoring in Information Technology
Im voting for Obama because Im Mexican, and so far he has better political views toward immigration reform and Im really hoping he can help my people out with the Dream Act.
Yesenia Vega, sophomore majoring in architecture
Im voting for Gary Johnson because recently Ive been reading a lot on the Internet, getting into the debates ... A lot of the candidates today, namely Romney and Obama, have presented themselves as two opposing sides arguing back and forth when really they agree on a lot of the same issues. Gary Johnson wants to pull people out of the wars, especially all the secret wars that no one knows about ... In my mind libertarianism is in the best sense for America because not only does it focus on social issues, it focuses on economic issues and brings the best of two parties into one party.
Jason Jagosh, senior majoring in marketing and management
I am not voting because my registration, I havent actually changed it to Tampa. I dont believe that either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama will do anything for the City of Tampa that will leave any lasting change. With the time Id spend changing my registration, standing in line at the ballot box or going back home to vote, I would be able to do more than either of them would do for the city.
Clayton Cullaton, USF alumnus
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- AAC Player of the Year removed from USF softball
- Ethics committee opens investigation of SG president
- Student bands get chance for the big stage
- First all-ticket presidential debate brings calls for change
- The threat of empty promises
- Bulls enter critical final stretch
- Tampa design firm urges city to play
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program