Vampire Weekend announces new album
New York City natives Vampire Weekend has finally released the name and cover to their third full length album, Modern Vampires of the City. Fans who follow the band on Twitter received this message at 5 a.m. last week, NYT Classifieds
At the bottom of the Notices and Lost and Found page of the New York Times, a very small-print message was waiting for those who knew just where to look, Modern Vampires of the City. May 7, 2013.
The band has recently played only two songs from the album Unbelievers, which debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live Halloween 2012 and Everlasting Arms, which was unveiled at a few small shows they have played since the drop of their sophomore album, Contra.
The album cover is a departure from the bands usual bright and colorful, light-hearted and upbeat covers.
Speculation that the dark album cover may be a reflection of a darker subject matter or a more mellow record will be either confirmed or denied on May 7.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Jousting, beer and kilts: The Renaissance Festival is back
- Football greats strike down gender roles in new Pantene ad
- Trump tickets still available
- Voter registration deadline approaches
- Candidates announced for 2016 Student Body President election
- USF routed by SMU as injuries continue to pile
- Students to explore film through MovieFest
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber
- How Safe Is Your Child's Bedroom?
- Is Your Smile Unforgettable?