Vampire Weekend announces new album
New York City natives Vampire Weekend has finally released the name and cover to their third full length album, Modern Vampires of the City. Fans who follow the band on Twitter received this message at 5 a.m. last week, NYT Classifieds
At the bottom of the Notices and Lost and Found page of the New York Times, a very small-print message was waiting for those who knew just where to look, Modern Vampires of the City. May 7, 2013.
The band has recently played only two songs from the album Unbelievers, which debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live Halloween 2012 and Everlasting Arms, which was unveiled at a few small shows they have played since the drop of their sophomore album, Contra.
The album cover is a departure from the bands usual bright and colorful, light-hearted and upbeat covers.
Speculation that the dark album cover may be a reflection of a darker subject matter or a more mellow record will be either confirmed or denied on May 7.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor