Vampire Weekend announces new album
New York City natives Vampire Weekend has finally released the name and cover to their third full length album, Modern Vampires of the City. Fans who follow the band on Twitter received this message at 5 a.m. last week, NYT Classifieds
At the bottom of the Notices and Lost and Found page of the New York Times, a very small-print message was waiting for those who knew just where to look, Modern Vampires of the City. May 7, 2013.
The band has recently played only two songs from the album Unbelievers, which debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live Halloween 2012 and Everlasting Arms, which was unveiled at a few small shows they have played since the drop of their sophomore album, Contra.
The album cover is a departure from the bands usual bright and colorful, light-hearted and upbeat covers.
Speculation that the dark album cover may be a reflection of a darker subject matter or a more mellow record will be either confirmed or denied on May 7.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit