Vampire Weekend announces new album
New York City natives Vampire Weekend has finally released the name and cover to their third full length album, Modern Vampires of the City. Fans who follow the band on Twitter received this message at 5 a.m. last week, NYT Classifieds
At the bottom of the Notices and Lost and Found page of the New York Times, a very small-print message was waiting for those who knew just where to look, Modern Vampires of the City. May 7, 2013.
The band has recently played only two songs from the album Unbelievers, which debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live Halloween 2012 and Everlasting Arms, which was unveiled at a few small shows they have played since the drop of their sophomore album, Contra.
The album cover is a departure from the bands usual bright and colorful, light-hearted and upbeat covers.
Speculation that the dark album cover may be a reflection of a darker subject matter or a more mellow record will be either confirmed or denied on May 7.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain