USF unveils special uniforms
USF fans may not recognize the home team Saturday, as the Bulls don special uniforms for their game against Miami in honor of Military Appreciation Day.
Along with partners Under Armour, Schutt and the Wounded Warrior Project, USF presented its special-edition uniforms Tuesday at coach Skip Holtz's weekly press luncheon.
The uniforms are different than anything USF has ever worn before, from special helmets with a maze-like design to limited-edition cleats featuring a USA wordmark. The set also includes white gloves that feature an American flag pattern on the palms and the word "freedom" on both index fingers.
"There's so many great causes out there, but I don't think there's any cause any stronger than having the opportunity to support the men and women that … make the sacrifices that they do on a daily basis for us to live in the free society that we do," Holtz said. "It's an honor for us to have the opportunity to wear these uniforms and to honor the men and women in the military."
Instead of players' names, the jerseys will feature the words: Duty, Honor, Courage, Commitment, Integrity, Country or Service. The phrase "Believe in heroes" appears just below the belt on the back of the pants.
Next week, the jerseys will be auctioned off on gousfbulls.com, with all proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project, which raises awareness and assists wounded soldiers returning from military duty.
Holtz said he displayed the uniforms early so his players could get used to them.
"As I told the players, I want to show this early," Holtz said. "We don't want to be a bunch of giddy schoolgirls in the locker room before the game talking about how fresh this uniform looks."
South Carolina and Texas Tech have previously worn Wounded Warrior Project uniforms this season, though both teams lost in them. The Gamecocks lost 16-13 to Auburn on Oct. 1, while the Red Raiders lost 66-6 to No. 2 Oklahoma State on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Trump rally inspires supporters, draws record crowd to Sun Dome
- Letter to the Editor: From the voices of the USF Community: We do welcome...
- Table for two: Valentine’s Day ideas for everyone
- Letter To The Editor: From voices of the USF community: We do not welcome...
- USF staff loses Hope, potentially adds former Buccaneer
- Florida Legislature kills LGBT discrimination ban
- USF partners with Brazilian university
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?