USF to honor Holtzs scholarship offer to Rafferty
After dealing with much public scrutiny after reports surfaced of members of Willie Taggarts coaching staff withdrawing a scholarship offered to Robinson High School offensive lineman Connor Rafferty by Skip Holtzs staff in June, USF stated the offer still stands.
We have been, and always were, planning to honor the scholarships offered by Skip Holtz, USF athletics spokesman Jeremy Sharpe said.He said there were no changes from the plan to honor all scholarships offeredby Holtz, despite reports from Raffertys mother, who told the Tampa Tribune that her son received a phone call telling him to look elsewhere.
After the phone call, Rafferty was left scrambling to look into other schools and recently received an offer from
Samford University in Alabama. Rafferty also scheduled a trip to Eastern Kentucky. A meeting between Taggarts staff and Raffertys family was reportedly held Wednesday.
Willie Taggart, Sharpe said, cannot comment on recruits until National Signing Day on Feb. 6.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Letter to the Editor: From the voices of the USF Community: We do welcome...
- Table for two: Valentine’s Day ideas for everyone
- Letter To The Editor: From voices of the USF community: We do not welcome...
- USF staff loses Hope, potentially adds former Buccaneer
- Florida Legislature kills LGBT discrimination ban
- USF partners with Brazilian university
- Students express varying opinions on Trump’s visit
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?