USF student welcome bargains from Wormtown
There are two ways to acquire fun, unnecessary trinkets for entertainment as a college student pay excruciatingly high prices, or stake out a campus event and hunt for any sign of the word free.
This week USF students found a wallet-friendly compromise to get some unique products a haggling and bargainingsystem with the Wormtown TradingCompany.
Incense, hacky sacks and saddlebags were sprawled out across multiple dingy, fold-outtables in the StudentServices Breezewayoutside the USF bookstore. The companys main salesperson, Bryce Gundy, and University of North Florida student Jessica Seniger, stoodattentively as students curiosities pushed them to ask about the products.
Holding up a hacky sack, a student asked the price.
Ten dollars, Gundy, who eventually took a few singles for the miniature beanbag, said.
The goods range from mortar and pestle sets to tapestries and jewelry all globally imported.
Fast forward to seven years later, and Gundy has broken off into her own sect of the now12-year-old Wormtown Trading Company.
Joining her on campus isSeniger, who met Gundy when she visited UNF last week.
I met up with her at a festival at UNF and she invited me to come help and travel, Seniger said. The drive down here was kind of long, but it was still in Florida.
Gundy has traveled more miles in herseven-year adventure thanshe can remember, but said she feels like she always has items that interest
Ive probably been to 20 or 25 schools all over the country, and I always go back to the same ones, Gundy said. Ive traveled 900 miles in a day.
Gundy, who lives and sells out of her van, said she is the only person in the company who sells full time and said thetraveling lifestyle isgenerally a good gigto have.
On Tuesday, Gundy and Seniger had one of the best days theyve had at a college campus,attributing much of their success to the
receptiveness andcuriosity of USF students.
Today I more than doubled what I madeyesterday, Gundy said.
The Wormtown Trading Company is on campus today and will have their usual assortment ofunusual goods.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now