USF sails past Seton Hall in big road win
The Bulls (13-5, 2-3) earned their second Big East conference win, 74-52, at Seton Hall (7-12, 2-4) on Tuesday night.
USF scored 30 pointsand had a shaky 34.5 percent shooting performance in the first half, but from then on, everything went smoothly for the Bulls.
The Bulls sealed thevictory byboosting their shootingpercentage to 39.3 percent and scoring 44 points in the second half.
Seton Halls senior guardBrittany Morris andfreshman forward Tabatha Richardson-Smith scored 15 points each, but theirefforts could not match USFsoffensive onslaught.
USFs scoring attack was anchored by senior guard Andrea Smith, who posted 21 points and sunk six of 15 shots.
This is a drastic improvement for Smith, who made just three of her 25 shot attempts with 10 points during the last game against Villanova
The Bulls budding players brought their best to the game as well.
Freshman forward Alisia Jenkins came down with six rebounds and scored 15 points, while freshmen guards Courtney Williams and
Shavontae Naylor combined for 18.
A loss would have placed the Bulls three games under .500 in the conference. The Bulls two-game road trip has come to a close and coach
Fernandez said hes eager to prepare for the next game.
Im looking forward to getting back home, he said.The Bulls now look to prepare for their home matchup against Marquette at 6 p.m. on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities