USF ranked 8th best university for employees
USF has a new ranking to add to the list Glassdoor, an online job and career community, ranked USF as the eighth best college for employees, based on worker feedback.
Glassdoor polled employees at 50 of the countrys largest universities on their satisfaction with their employers and their experiences as an employee.
According to Forbes, to be included in the evaluation, colleges and universities had to have at least 20 reviews submitted to Glassdoor by employees between Sept. 10, 2011,
and Sept. 9, 2012. The respondents were asked to rate their employers on a five-point scale, 1 being very dissatisfied and 5 being very satisfied.
USF received a 4.0 rating out of 5.0, putting it just behind MIT and ahead of the University of California at Berkeley. Brigham Young University was ranked No. 1 with a score of 4.2, after being ranked third last year.
Glassdoors report was unique because it is the only one completely based on the experiences of employees at these institutions, Samantha Zupan, Glassdoor spokeswoman, said to Forbes.
Glassdoor also features more than 210,000 companies in other industries on its website. Of the 50 universities included, none received less than a 3.7 rating, which is above the average company rating on the site, Zupan said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Weist named interim coach as USF begins search for replacement
- For USF football, losing Willie Taggart hits hard
- Bucs' Winston, USF players react to Taggart's departure
- Taggart leaving USF for Oregon coaching job
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities