USF ranked 8th best university for employees
USF has a new ranking to add to the list Glassdoor, an online job and career community, ranked USF as the eighth best college for employees, based on worker feedback.
Glassdoor polled employees at 50 of the countrys largest universities on their satisfaction with their employers and their experiences as an employee.
According to Forbes, to be included in the evaluation, colleges and universities had to have at least 20 reviews submitted to Glassdoor by employees between Sept. 10, 2011,
and Sept. 9, 2012. The respondents were asked to rate their employers on a five-point scale, 1 being very dissatisfied and 5 being very satisfied.
USF received a 4.0 rating out of 5.0, putting it just behind MIT and ahead of the University of California at Berkeley. Brigham Young University was ranked No. 1 with a score of 4.2, after being ranked third last year.
Glassdoors report was unique because it is the only one completely based on the experiences of employees at these institutions, Samantha Zupan, Glassdoor spokeswoman, said to Forbes.
Glassdoor also features more than 210,000 companies in other industries on its website. Of the 50 universities included, none received less than a 3.7 rating, which is above the average company rating on the site, Zupan said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools