USF ranked 8th best university for employees
USF has a new ranking to add to the list Glassdoor, an online job and career community, ranked USF as the eighth best college for employees, based on worker feedback.
Glassdoor polled employees at 50 of the countrys largest universities on their satisfaction with their employers and their experiences as an employee.
According to Forbes, to be included in the evaluation, colleges and universities had to have at least 20 reviews submitted to Glassdoor by employees between Sept. 10, 2011,
and Sept. 9, 2012. The respondents were asked to rate their employers on a five-point scale, 1 being very dissatisfied and 5 being very satisfied.
USF received a 4.0 rating out of 5.0, putting it just behind MIT and ahead of the University of California at Berkeley. Brigham Young University was ranked No. 1 with a score of 4.2, after being ranked third last year.
Glassdoors report was unique because it is the only one completely based on the experiences of employees at these institutions, Samantha Zupan, Glassdoor spokeswoman, said to Forbes.
Glassdoor also features more than 210,000 companies in other industries on its website. Of the 50 universities included, none received less than a 3.7 rating, which is above the average company rating on the site, Zupan said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections