USF ranked 8th best university for employees
USF has a new ranking to add to the list Glassdoor, an online job and career community, ranked USF as the eighth best college for employees, based on worker feedback.
Glassdoor polled employees at 50 of the countrys largest universities on their satisfaction with their employers and their experiences as an employee.
According to Forbes, to be included in the evaluation, colleges and universities had to have at least 20 reviews submitted to Glassdoor by employees between Sept. 10, 2011,
and Sept. 9, 2012. The respondents were asked to rate their employers on a five-point scale, 1 being very dissatisfied and 5 being very satisfied.
USF received a 4.0 rating out of 5.0, putting it just behind MIT and ahead of the University of California at Berkeley. Brigham Young University was ranked No. 1 with a score of 4.2, after being ranked third last year.
Glassdoors report was unique because it is the only one completely based on the experiences of employees at these institutions, Samantha Zupan, Glassdoor spokeswoman, said to Forbes.
Glassdoor also features more than 210,000 companies in other industries on its website. Of the 50 universities included, none received less than a 3.7 rating, which is above the average company rating on the site, Zupan said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now