USF on the road for a pair
The USF women's soccer team is on the road for a pair of Big East games as it treks to Cincinnati to face off with the Bearcats (5-4-3) Friday night. The Bulls (5-3-3) then travel to Louisville on Sunday to take on the Cardinals (4-4-3).
The trip will be the first time this season that the Bulls play consecutive road games. They hope to put up their first road win this season against a Bearcats team that hasn't enjoyed a homefield victory since the third week of the season.
Cincinnati is coming off two losses and a draw going into the match. A victory for the Bulls would not only be their first road win, but also their second Big East win, after defeating DePaul 1-0 in overtime Monday.
Overtime periods are no stranger to either team, with the Bulls having been a part of six this year and the Bearcats having been a part of five double-overtime games. Yet, knowing that other teams are just as experienced in overtime periods as the Bulls doesn't faze USF coach Denise Schilte-Brown.
Instead, it illustrates the mental and physical toughness of the Big East Conference as a whole, she said.
"It goes to show the talent in the Big East and how strong our conference is," Schilte-Brown said. "All these talented teams are battling it out, and no one is really dominating one another."
Though the conference season is young, with each team having played only four games, of the 16 Big East teams all but two have already been beaten and all but three have won a game.
The Cardinals are looking for their first home victory of the year, as well as their third conference win.
Last year, the Bulls beat both Cincinnati and Louisville at home, but the change of venue adds to the difficulty of repeating those results.
"Our mindset is to just be excited about being on the road," Schilte-Brown said. "I feel like we're heading in the right direction. There's a nice build going on, and we just have to focus that on the road and continue with the momentum to win."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists