USF on the road for a pair
The USF women's soccer team is on the road for a pair of Big East games as it treks to Cincinnati to face off with the Bearcats (5-4-3) Friday night. The Bulls (5-3-3) then travel to Louisville on Sunday to take on the Cardinals (4-4-3).
The trip will be the first time this season that the Bulls play consecutive road games. They hope to put up their first road win this season against a Bearcats team that hasn't enjoyed a homefield victory since the third week of the season.
Cincinnati is coming off two losses and a draw going into the match. A victory for the Bulls would not only be their first road win, but also their second Big East win, after defeating DePaul 1-0 in overtime Monday.
Overtime periods are no stranger to either team, with the Bulls having been a part of six this year and the Bearcats having been a part of five double-overtime games. Yet, knowing that other teams are just as experienced in overtime periods as the Bulls doesn't faze USF coach Denise Schilte-Brown.
Instead, it illustrates the mental and physical toughness of the Big East Conference as a whole, she said.
"It goes to show the talent in the Big East and how strong our conference is," Schilte-Brown said. "All these talented teams are battling it out, and no one is really dominating one another."
Though the conference season is young, with each team having played only four games, of the 16 Big East teams all but two have already been beaten and all but three have won a game.
The Cardinals are looking for their first home victory of the year, as well as their third conference win.
Last year, the Bulls beat both Cincinnati and Louisville at home, but the change of venue adds to the difficulty of repeating those results.
"Our mindset is to just be excited about being on the road," Schilte-Brown said. "I feel like we're heading in the right direction. There's a nice build going on, and we just have to focus that on the road and continue with the momentum to win."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Weist named interim coach as USF begins search for replacement
- For USF football, losing Willie Taggart hits hard
- Bucs' Winston, USF players react to Taggart's departure
- Taggart leaving USF for Oregon coaching job
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities