USF on the road for a pair
The USF women's soccer team is on the road for a pair of Big East games as it treks to Cincinnati to face off with the Bearcats (5-4-3) Friday night. The Bulls (5-3-3) then travel to Louisville on Sunday to take on the Cardinals (4-4-3).
The trip will be the first time this season that the Bulls play consecutive road games. They hope to put up their first road win this season against a Bearcats team that hasn't enjoyed a homefield victory since the third week of the season.
Cincinnati is coming off two losses and a draw going into the match. A victory for the Bulls would not only be their first road win, but also their second Big East win, after defeating DePaul 1-0 in overtime Monday.
Overtime periods are no stranger to either team, with the Bulls having been a part of six this year and the Bearcats having been a part of five double-overtime games. Yet, knowing that other teams are just as experienced in overtime periods as the Bulls doesn't faze USF coach Denise Schilte-Brown.
Instead, it illustrates the mental and physical toughness of the Big East Conference as a whole, she said.
"It goes to show the talent in the Big East and how strong our conference is," Schilte-Brown said. "All these talented teams are battling it out, and no one is really dominating one another."
Though the conference season is young, with each team having played only four games, of the 16 Big East teams all but two have already been beaten and all but three have won a game.
The Cardinals are looking for their first home victory of the year, as well as their third conference win.
Last year, the Bulls beat both Cincinnati and Louisville at home, but the change of venue adds to the difficulty of repeating those results.
"Our mindset is to just be excited about being on the road," Schilte-Brown said. "I feel like we're heading in the right direction. There's a nice build going on, and we just have to focus that on the road and continue with the momentum to win."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF assistant coach resigns amid NCAA investigation
- UP arrests Clearwater man for sexual battery
- A student-driven upgrade: USF Health expands to better serve its students
- USF student interns in Florida Everglades
- Pokemon conquer campus: The new app “Pokemon Go” allows students to get act...
- We’ll always have Tampa: Tampa Theatre hosts Summer Classics Series
- O’Neal’s Olympic bid falls short
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board