USF hosts final two home games of regular season
With only five matches remaining in the regular season, the USF women's soccer team enters a pair of important Big East home matches this week.
USF (5-4-4, 1-2-3) sits in sixth place in the Big East's American Division with six points - well off the pace of division leader Marquette's 15. This week could be a huge momentum shifter for the Bulls as they attempt to bolster their Big East tournament resume by hosting Connecticut (5-5-2, 2-2-2) Friday night at 7:30 and Providence (4-6-4, 2-4-0) Sunday at 1 p.m.
Connecticut, which is coming off a victory against DePaul, looks to hold its slight edge in the Big East standings against USF. The Huskies' victory over the Blue Demons was led by junior forward Danielle Schulmann, who had two goals in the match. Schulmann is tied for fifth in the Big East in goals scored, with seven on the season.
USF plays Providence in the final home match of the regular season. The Friars are winless on the road this year, and are led by senior midfielder Laura DiClemente, who has six goals on the season. Providence hopes to snap a three-match losing streak at Marquette on Friday before heading to Tampa.
Coach Denise Schilte-Brown said playing at home creates electricity within the team, as all five of the Bulls' wins have come at the new USF Soccer Stadium.
"It's such a great stadium. We feel quite at home here, the crowd is great and the girls are embracing the atmosphere," Schilte-Brown said. "We're excited to be at home."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF assistant coach resigns amid NCAA investigation
- UP arrests Clearwater man for sexual battery
- A student-driven upgrade: USF Health expands to better serve its students
- USF student interns in Florida Everglades
- Pokemon conquer campus: The new app “Pokemon Go” allows students to get act...
- We’ll always have Tampa: Tampa Theatre hosts Summer Classics Series
- O’Neal’s Olympic bid falls short
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board