USF hosts final two home games of regular season
With only five matches remaining in the regular season, the USF women's soccer team enters a pair of important Big East home matches this week.
USF (5-4-4, 1-2-3) sits in sixth place in the Big East's American Division with six points - well off the pace of division leader Marquette's 15. This week could be a huge momentum shifter for the Bulls as they attempt to bolster their Big East tournament resume by hosting Connecticut (5-5-2, 2-2-2) Friday night at 7:30 and Providence (4-6-4, 2-4-0) Sunday at 1 p.m.
Connecticut, which is coming off a victory against DePaul, looks to hold its slight edge in the Big East standings against USF. The Huskies' victory over the Blue Demons was led by junior forward Danielle Schulmann, who had two goals in the match. Schulmann is tied for fifth in the Big East in goals scored, with seven on the season.
USF plays Providence in the final home match of the regular season. The Friars are winless on the road this year, and are led by senior midfielder Laura DiClemente, who has six goals on the season. Providence hopes to snap a three-match losing streak at Marquette on Friday before heading to Tampa.
Coach Denise Schilte-Brown said playing at home creates electricity within the team, as all five of the Bulls' wins have come at the new USF Soccer Stadium.
"It's such a great stadium. We feel quite at home here, the crowd is great and the girls are embracing the atmosphere," Schilte-Brown said. "We're excited to be at home."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain