USF hosts final two home games of regular season
With only five matches remaining in the regular season, the USF women's soccer team enters a pair of important Big East home matches this week.
USF (5-4-4, 1-2-3) sits in sixth place in the Big East's American Division with six points - well off the pace of division leader Marquette's 15. This week could be a huge momentum shifter for the Bulls as they attempt to bolster their Big East tournament resume by hosting Connecticut (5-5-2, 2-2-2) Friday night at 7:30 and Providence (4-6-4, 2-4-0) Sunday at 1 p.m.
Connecticut, which is coming off a victory against DePaul, looks to hold its slight edge in the Big East standings against USF. The Huskies' victory over the Blue Demons was led by junior forward Danielle Schulmann, who had two goals in the match. Schulmann is tied for fifth in the Big East in goals scored, with seven on the season.
USF plays Providence in the final home match of the regular season. The Friars are winless on the road this year, and are led by senior midfielder Laura DiClemente, who has six goals on the season. Providence hopes to snap a three-match losing streak at Marquette on Friday before heading to Tampa.
Coach Denise Schilte-Brown said playing at home creates electricity within the team, as all five of the Bulls' wins have come at the new USF Soccer Stadium.
"It's such a great stadium. We feel quite at home here, the crowd is great and the girls are embracing the atmosphere," Schilte-Brown said. "We're excited to be at home."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Letter to the Editor: From the voices of the USF Community: We do welcome...
- Table for two: Valentine’s Day ideas for everyone
- Letter To The Editor: From voices of the USF community: We do not welcome...
- USF staff loses Hope, potentially adds former Buccaneer
- Florida Legislature kills LGBT discrimination ban
- USF partners with Brazilian university
- Students express varying opinions on Trump’s visit
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?