USF hosts final two home games of regular season
With only five matches remaining in the regular season, the USF women's soccer team enters a pair of important Big East home matches this week.
USF (5-4-4, 1-2-3) sits in sixth place in the Big East's American Division with six points - well off the pace of division leader Marquette's 15. This week could be a huge momentum shifter for the Bulls as they attempt to bolster their Big East tournament resume by hosting Connecticut (5-5-2, 2-2-2) Friday night at 7:30 and Providence (4-6-4, 2-4-0) Sunday at 1 p.m.
Connecticut, which is coming off a victory against DePaul, looks to hold its slight edge in the Big East standings against USF. The Huskies' victory over the Blue Demons was led by junior forward Danielle Schulmann, who had two goals in the match. Schulmann is tied for fifth in the Big East in goals scored, with seven on the season.
USF plays Providence in the final home match of the regular season. The Friars are winless on the road this year, and are led by senior midfielder Laura DiClemente, who has six goals on the season. Providence hopes to snap a three-match losing streak at Marquette on Friday before heading to Tampa.
Coach Denise Schilte-Brown said playing at home creates electricity within the team, as all five of the Bulls' wins have come at the new USF Soccer Stadium.
"It's such a great stadium. We feel quite at home here, the crowd is great and the girls are embracing the atmosphere," Schilte-Brown said. "We're excited to be at home."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age