USF eager to get back to winning ways
The USF volleyball team will host its first two home Big East matches of the season this weekend at the Sun Dome Corral.
The 17th-ranked Louisville Cardinals (12-2) will visit Friday night and the Cincinnati Bearcats (3-11) come to town Sunday afternoon.
The possibility of a high-energy performance against an elite team and a slower-paced performance against an unranked team sometimes weighs on a coachs mind.
But coach Courtney Draper said the Bulls will be equally prepared for both teams.
Were not going to overlook Cincinnati, she said. Seven of its 14 opponents have been ranked in the top 25 and they have six seniors. Those opponents make them ready. We have to be ready for them.
Draper said she is emphasizing side-outs against Louisville, something that hurt the Bulls against Seton Hall last weekend. The Bulls excelled against Rutgers but struggled with the force and aggressiveness of Seton Hall.
When Seton Hall put the ball down, they really put it down, she said. We have to be able to match kills with Louisville, keep it close and go for the win in the 20s.
USF ranks in the top five in the Big East in hitting, kills, assists, blocks and digs. But the struggle lies in setting up the offense.
Were getting beat at the serving and passing game right now. Thats what were working on this week, especially for these two teams, she said.
Draper also said shes glad to have Louisville at the Corral this year.
We have a great crowd, she said. The fans are loud and creative. Its almost like having a seventh man out there.
The Bulls will play the Cardinals at 7 p.m. on Friday and the Bearcats at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
- Accusations swirl as decision on student body president nears
- USF partners with company of Lightning owner Jeff Vinik
- Running back Darius Tice gets second chance
- Three predictions for USF football
- Bay Area joins international March for Science
- EDITORIAL: When can we expect a president?
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas