USF competes at Minnesota
USF track and field had several strong individual performances at the Jack Johnson Invitational hosted by the University of Minnesota during the weekend.
Among USF’s female athletes, sophomore Kadeidra Jackson placed fifth in the 60-meter dash and junior Paige Cooke placed second in the high jump while junior Natasha Stewart won the long jump and senior Rachael Klinger won the shot put.
As for USF male competitors, Alfred Higgs, Chareif Lewis and senior Derrick Hopkins finished fourth, fifth and eighth, respectively, in the 60-meter dash.
Junior Franklin Mosely finished third in the 400-meter dash while senior Landon Hargrove and Paul Barrett placed seventh and eighth, respectively, in the 60-meter hurdles.
Juniors Chase Meyers and Giscard Petion also placed, finishing fourth and sixth in the high jump, respectively. Senior Wyatt Metzger placed fifth in the pole vault, and freshman Devin Screen finished third in the weight throw with 18.45m, which is second best in USF history.
As a team, USF women finished seventh and USF men finished fifth.
Men’s tennis wins home opener
USF men’s tennis faced Florida Atlantic on Friday afternoon at the USF Varsity Tennis Courts.
The Bulls went 5-1 in singles matches, with each win coming in straight sets. USF won the first two doubles matches to avoid a third and take the advantage in that category.
USF welcomes two more in-state schools this weekend, when it will face Florida Gulf Coast and University of North Florida.
Women’s tennis splits weekend in Miami
No. 59 USF competed at the University of Miami ITA Kick-Off on Friday and Saturday, leaving with a win and a loss against two top-75 programs, Ohio State and LSU.
USF beat No. 72 Ohio State on Saturday morning with a score of 4-1 after taking two of three doubles matches from the Buckeyes and three of four singles matches.
Saturday’s win followed a 4-1 loss at the hands of
No. 65 LSU on Friday afternoon. Freshman Olaya Garrido-Rivas won USF’s only singles match of the day.
USF heads to Tallahassee to take on FSU this weekend.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Protest met with active counter-demonstration
- Smoke free campus?
- Shared, for a price
- Student letter voices displeasure with planned SDS protest
- USF softball picked to finish second in AAC
- Bulls’ home winning streak to be tested by No. 9 Louisville on Sunday
- Bulls alumni voice support for former strength coach
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Food, Fuel, and Finance ... The 3Fs of Economics
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates