USF competes at Minnesota
USF track and field had several strong individual performances at the Jack Johnson Invitational hosted by the University of Minnesota during the weekend.
Among USF’s female athletes, sophomore Kadeidra Jackson placed fifth in the 60-meter dash and junior Paige Cooke placed second in the high jump while junior Natasha Stewart won the long jump and senior Rachael Klinger won the shot put.
As for USF male competitors, Alfred Higgs, Chareif Lewis and senior Derrick Hopkins finished fourth, fifth and eighth, respectively, in the 60-meter dash.
Junior Franklin Mosely finished third in the 400-meter dash while senior Landon Hargrove and Paul Barrett placed seventh and eighth, respectively, in the 60-meter hurdles.
Juniors Chase Meyers and Giscard Petion also placed, finishing fourth and sixth in the high jump, respectively. Senior Wyatt Metzger placed fifth in the pole vault, and freshman Devin Screen finished third in the weight throw with 18.45m, which is second best in USF history.
As a team, USF women finished seventh and USF men finished fifth.
Men’s tennis wins home opener
USF men’s tennis faced Florida Atlantic on Friday afternoon at the USF Varsity Tennis Courts.
The Bulls went 5-1 in singles matches, with each win coming in straight sets. USF won the first two doubles matches to avoid a third and take the advantage in that category.
USF welcomes two more in-state schools this weekend, when it will face Florida Gulf Coast and University of North Florida.
Women’s tennis splits weekend in Miami
No. 59 USF competed at the University of Miami ITA Kick-Off on Friday and Saturday, leaving with a win and a loss against two top-75 programs, Ohio State and LSU.
USF beat No. 72 Ohio State on Saturday morning with a score of 4-1 after taking two of three doubles matches from the Buckeyes and three of four singles matches.
Saturday’s win followed a 4-1 loss at the hands of
No. 65 LSU on Friday afternoon. Freshman Olaya Garrido-Rivas won USF’s only singles match of the day.
USF heads to Tallahassee to take on FSU this weekend.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes