USF competes at Minnesota
USF track and field had several strong individual performances at the Jack Johnson Invitational hosted by the University of Minnesota during the weekend.
Among USF’s female athletes, sophomore Kadeidra Jackson placed fifth in the 60-meter dash and junior Paige Cooke placed second in the high jump while junior Natasha Stewart won the long jump and senior Rachael Klinger won the shot put.
As for USF male competitors, Alfred Higgs, Chareif Lewis and senior Derrick Hopkins finished fourth, fifth and eighth, respectively, in the 60-meter dash.
Junior Franklin Mosely finished third in the 400-meter dash while senior Landon Hargrove and Paul Barrett placed seventh and eighth, respectively, in the 60-meter hurdles.
Juniors Chase Meyers and Giscard Petion also placed, finishing fourth and sixth in the high jump, respectively. Senior Wyatt Metzger placed fifth in the pole vault, and freshman Devin Screen finished third in the weight throw with 18.45m, which is second best in USF history.
As a team, USF women finished seventh and USF men finished fifth.
Men’s tennis wins home opener
USF men’s tennis faced Florida Atlantic on Friday afternoon at the USF Varsity Tennis Courts.
The Bulls went 5-1 in singles matches, with each win coming in straight sets. USF won the first two doubles matches to avoid a third and take the advantage in that category.
USF welcomes two more in-state schools this weekend, when it will face Florida Gulf Coast and University of North Florida.
Women’s tennis splits weekend in Miami
No. 59 USF competed at the University of Miami ITA Kick-Off on Friday and Saturday, leaving with a win and a loss against two top-75 programs, Ohio State and LSU.
USF beat No. 72 Ohio State on Saturday morning with a score of 4-1 after taking two of three doubles matches from the Buckeyes and three of four singles matches.
Saturday’s win followed a 4-1 loss at the hands of
No. 65 LSU on Friday afternoon. Freshman Olaya Garrido-Rivas won USF’s only singles match of the day.
USF heads to Tallahassee to take on FSU this weekend.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Author Yaa Gyasi shares her method of writing
- St. Pete Police looking for men alleged to have punched USF student
- USF hosts third annual Sports and Entertainment Analytics Conference
- USF baseball’s streak falls one short of record
- ‘Challenge of the perception’
- Local pub crawl mixes business and pleasure
- City needs to rethink answer to helping homeless
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses