USF coaches familiar with UTEPs Price
Texas-El Paso has been plagued with injuries this season, shuffling its roster as a result.
The Miners have had to rely on three quarterbacks and a host of other role players this season, meaning the USF coaching staff may not be familiar with some of the Miners players on the field when they play the Bulls on Saturday in Raymond James Stadium at 7 p.m.
They will, however, be familiar with the coaching style of UTEP coach Mike Price.
The familiarity comes from Holtz's coaching days at East Carolina, where he coached against Price in Conference USA games. USF defensive coordinator Mark Snyder, who served as head coach at Marshall at the time, also knew Price.
Holtz and Snyder said they looked forward to seeing Price during Conference USA annual meetings.
"I know in Conference USA when we were together, I always looked forward to the Conference USA meetings every year where Mark Snyder, coach Price and myself would always have an opportunity to play golf - one of the funner days that I had every year and one of the days I looked forward to," Holtz said.
Snyder said he is looking forward to facing Price, whom he has coached against many times in his career.
"Coach Price is a crafty old vet," he said. "I'm not going to give away his age, but he was coaching at Weber State when I was a player. I coached against him when he was at Washington State, then I coached against him when I was at Marshall. Now I am coaching against him at the University of South Florida. Not that I am saying coach Price is getting old ... but I'd say I'm getting old too. Not as old as him, though."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?