USF coaches familiar with UTEPs Price
Texas-El Paso has been plagued with injuries this season, shuffling its roster as a result.
The Miners have had to rely on three quarterbacks and a host of other role players this season, meaning the USF coaching staff may not be familiar with some of the Miners players on the field when they play the Bulls on Saturday in Raymond James Stadium at 7 p.m.
They will, however, be familiar with the coaching style of UTEP coach Mike Price.
The familiarity comes from Holtz's coaching days at East Carolina, where he coached against Price in Conference USA games. USF defensive coordinator Mark Snyder, who served as head coach at Marshall at the time, also knew Price.
Holtz and Snyder said they looked forward to seeing Price during Conference USA annual meetings.
"I know in Conference USA when we were together, I always looked forward to the Conference USA meetings every year where Mark Snyder, coach Price and myself would always have an opportunity to play golf - one of the funner days that I had every year and one of the days I looked forward to," Holtz said.
Snyder said he is looking forward to facing Price, whom he has coached against many times in his career.
"Coach Price is a crafty old vet," he said. "I'm not going to give away his age, but he was coaching at Weber State when I was a player. I coached against him when he was at Washington State, then I coached against him when I was at Marshall. Now I am coaching against him at the University of South Florida. Not that I am saying coach Price is getting old ... but I'd say I'm getting old too. Not as old as him, though."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Author Yaa Gyasi shares her method of writing
- St. Pete Police looking for men alleged to have punched USF student
- USF hosts third annual Sports and Entertainment Analytics Conference
- USF baseball’s streak falls one short of record
- ‘Challenge of the perception’
- Local pub crawl mixes business and pleasure
- City needs to rethink answer to helping homeless
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses