USF coaches familiar with UTEPs Price
Texas-El Paso has been plagued with injuries this season, shuffling its roster as a result.
The Miners have had to rely on three quarterbacks and a host of other role players this season, meaning the USF coaching staff may not be familiar with some of the Miners players on the field when they play the Bulls on Saturday in Raymond James Stadium at 7 p.m.
They will, however, be familiar with the coaching style of UTEP coach Mike Price.
The familiarity comes from Holtz's coaching days at East Carolina, where he coached against Price in Conference USA games. USF defensive coordinator Mark Snyder, who served as head coach at Marshall at the time, also knew Price.
Holtz and Snyder said they looked forward to seeing Price during Conference USA annual meetings.
"I know in Conference USA when we were together, I always looked forward to the Conference USA meetings every year where Mark Snyder, coach Price and myself would always have an opportunity to play golf - one of the funner days that I had every year and one of the days I looked forward to," Holtz said.
Snyder said he is looking forward to facing Price, whom he has coached against many times in his career.
"Coach Price is a crafty old vet," he said. "I'm not going to give away his age, but he was coaching at Weber State when I was a player. I coached against him when he was at Washington State, then I coached against him when I was at Marshall. Now I am coaching against him at the University of South Florida. Not that I am saying coach Price is getting old ... but I'd say I'm getting old too. Not as old as him, though."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
- Yogurt, the front-line defense against Type 1 diabetes?
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind