USF begins Big East play
After another slight drop in the Soccer America polls, the No. 17 USF men's soccer team (4-2-1) has a new challenge in front of it: stopping one of the nation's longest home winning streaks.
The Bulls' opponent, West Virginia, is in the midst of a 13-game home winning streak, which is the longest in all of Division I. George Kiefer said his team is looking forward to the chance to snap the streak.
"This is like a nice steak sandwich for the boys," he said. "I'm really excited for the game. I wish we could play tomorrow. We're going to have some fun in West Virginia."
The Bulls are coming off an impressive victory over then-No. 10 UC-Irvine. The Bulls delivered the Anteaters the first loss of their season with a 2-0 win Sunday, putting an end to the Bulls' three-game winless streak.
"These guys have given me enough (effort) to trust them," Kiefer said. "They didn't panic. And we really played a similar game to Friday night's (a 2-1 loss to St. Louis) and came out with a 2-0 win."
USF has already claimed an impressive road win this season, downing Wake Forest in Winston-Salem on Aug. 27. That game was played in one of the most hostile environments in college soccer and in front of 4,123 fans. Kiefer said that after beating the Demon Deacons on the road, his team should have the confidence to play anywhere.
The Bulls' game against West Virginia will be televised nationally on CBS College Sports at 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF baseball rallies for 9-4 win over Stetson, looks toward AAC play
- Senate dismisses ethics accusations against SG president
- Free STI testing on campus
- Report: Guerrero, Zeigler add to growing list of basketball transfers
- Strong announces Childs has been dismissed from team
- Tampa still needs improvement for LGBT rights
- Pitching carrying USF baseball's hot start
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards