USF begins Big East play
After another slight drop in the Soccer America polls, the No. 17 USF men's soccer team (4-2-1) has a new challenge in front of it: stopping one of the nation's longest home winning streaks.
The Bulls' opponent, West Virginia, is in the midst of a 13-game home winning streak, which is the longest in all of Division I. George Kiefer said his team is looking forward to the chance to snap the streak.
"This is like a nice steak sandwich for the boys," he said. "I'm really excited for the game. I wish we could play tomorrow. We're going to have some fun in West Virginia."
The Bulls are coming off an impressive victory over then-No. 10 UC-Irvine. The Bulls delivered the Anteaters the first loss of their season with a 2-0 win Sunday, putting an end to the Bulls' three-game winless streak.
"These guys have given me enough (effort) to trust them," Kiefer said. "They didn't panic. And we really played a similar game to Friday night's (a 2-1 loss to St. Louis) and came out with a 2-0 win."
USF has already claimed an impressive road win this season, downing Wake Forest in Winston-Salem on Aug. 27. That game was played in one of the most hostile environments in college soccer and in front of 4,123 fans. Kiefer said that after beating the Demon Deacons on the road, his team should have the confidence to play anywhere.
The Bulls' game against West Virginia will be televised nationally on CBS College Sports at 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel