Trustee criticizes football
Amid rumblings and discontent from the fan base of the USF football team namely toward coach Skip Holtz a university trustee sent a message following the teams loss to Temple on Saturday, Oct. 6.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, John Ramil, chairman of the USF Board of Trustees and president and CEO of TECO, sent an email to the chief of staff for USF President Judy Genshaft within minutes of the Temple loss, calling it Disgusting and unacceptable. We have major problems with our football program.
Ramils frustration exemplified the feelings of the teams fan base, a group that is responsible for the creation of various campaigns against Holtz via social media, including an Official Fire Skip Holtz Facebook page and various Twitter accounts.
Holtz himself commented on the disappointment felt by USF fans following the teams fourth straight loss, one that sent the Bulls to 2-4 heading into the bye week over the weekend, saying he understood their frustration.
Right now, we havent gotten it done. From a win-loss standpoint itd be hard to argue we have, Holtz said. I cant argue that point. I cant sit here and argue statistics. Thats why I said I can certainly understand why people would be upset, losing 10 of 11 Big East games and where we are right now. I understand it. I think these players continue to compete. Everybody is embarrassed about where we are right now, nobody more than myself. That responsibility falls on my shoulders.
After a week to regroup and make depth chart changes, the Bulls are looking at a matchup with Louisville, which is 6-0 and ranked 16th in the nation, and whose 2011 season the Bulls can use for motivation.
USF will look to bounce back from a 2-4 start, which the Cardinals did in 2011 when they won five of their final six games to finish third in the conference and garner an invitation to the Belk Bowl against N.C. State.
Sitting at 2-4 and risking a missed bowl game for the second consecutive season after seven straight bowl trips, Holtz and the Bulls will be looking to echo the 2011 Cardinals and quell the murmurs that have begun to surround the USF football program.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Florida poised for big gains in BP settlement
- University Mall to get major overhaul
- Progressive Pope’s climate concerns go beyond faith
- Trump needs to put comments on immigrants to rest
- Shark Week 2015 shows it’s (almost) safe to go back in the water
- ‘Jurassic World’ brings dino excitement back to life
- Haitian students to lead discussion on Caribbean migration crisis
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'