Trustee criticizes football
Amid rumblings and discontent from the fan base of the USF football team namely toward coach Skip Holtz a university trustee sent a message following the teams loss to Temple on Saturday, Oct. 6.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, John Ramil, chairman of the USF Board of Trustees and president and CEO of TECO, sent an email to the chief of staff for USF President Judy Genshaft within minutes of the Temple loss, calling it Disgusting and unacceptable. We have major problems with our football program.
Ramils frustration exemplified the feelings of the teams fan base, a group that is responsible for the creation of various campaigns against Holtz via social media, including an Official Fire Skip Holtz Facebook page and various Twitter accounts.
Holtz himself commented on the disappointment felt by USF fans following the teams fourth straight loss, one that sent the Bulls to 2-4 heading into the bye week over the weekend, saying he understood their frustration.
Right now, we havent gotten it done. From a win-loss standpoint itd be hard to argue we have, Holtz said. I cant argue that point. I cant sit here and argue statistics. Thats why I said I can certainly understand why people would be upset, losing 10 of 11 Big East games and where we are right now. I understand it. I think these players continue to compete. Everybody is embarrassed about where we are right now, nobody more than myself. That responsibility falls on my shoulders.
After a week to regroup and make depth chart changes, the Bulls are looking at a matchup with Louisville, which is 6-0 and ranked 16th in the nation, and whose 2011 season the Bulls can use for motivation.
USF will look to bounce back from a 2-4 start, which the Cardinals did in 2011 when they won five of their final six games to finish third in the conference and garner an invitation to the Belk Bowl against N.C. State.
Sitting at 2-4 and risking a missed bowl game for the second consecutive season after seven straight bowl trips, Holtz and the Bulls will be looking to echo the 2011 Cardinals and quell the murmurs that have begun to surround the USF football program.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!