Trustee criticizes football
Amid rumblings and discontent from the fan base of the USF football team namely toward coach Skip Holtz a university trustee sent a message following the teams loss to Temple on Saturday, Oct. 6.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, John Ramil, chairman of the USF Board of Trustees and president and CEO of TECO, sent an email to the chief of staff for USF President Judy Genshaft within minutes of the Temple loss, calling it Disgusting and unacceptable. We have major problems with our football program.
Ramils frustration exemplified the feelings of the teams fan base, a group that is responsible for the creation of various campaigns against Holtz via social media, including an Official Fire Skip Holtz Facebook page and various Twitter accounts.
Holtz himself commented on the disappointment felt by USF fans following the teams fourth straight loss, one that sent the Bulls to 2-4 heading into the bye week over the weekend, saying he understood their frustration.
Right now, we havent gotten it done. From a win-loss standpoint itd be hard to argue we have, Holtz said. I cant argue that point. I cant sit here and argue statistics. Thats why I said I can certainly understand why people would be upset, losing 10 of 11 Big East games and where we are right now. I understand it. I think these players continue to compete. Everybody is embarrassed about where we are right now, nobody more than myself. That responsibility falls on my shoulders.
After a week to regroup and make depth chart changes, the Bulls are looking at a matchup with Louisville, which is 6-0 and ranked 16th in the nation, and whose 2011 season the Bulls can use for motivation.
USF will look to bounce back from a 2-4 start, which the Cardinals did in 2011 when they won five of their final six games to finish third in the conference and garner an invitation to the Belk Bowl against N.C. State.
Sitting at 2-4 and risking a missed bowl game for the second consecutive season after seven straight bowl trips, Holtz and the Bulls will be looking to echo the 2011 Cardinals and quell the murmurs that have begun to surround the USF football program.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor