Three to campaign for student body president
In the upcoming weeks, students on campus will campaign to become an elected member of Student Government (SG), an entity that allocates more than $14 million in Activities and Service fees across the university.
About 60 SG Senate positions will open, but only one student can become student body president — a title that represents more than 40,000 students on the Tampa campus and can include a seat on the USF Board of Trustees.
Candidates for student body president include Brandi Arnold, Jean Cocco and Danish Hasan.
Arnold, a senior in the College of Business, is the executive director of the Campus Traditions Board for the Center for Student Involvement. She will campaign with Shaheen Nouri, a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences, on her ticket as vice president.
Cocco is an SG senator for the College of Arts and Sciences and the current chair of the SG University, Community and Government Affairs committee. He will campaign with Rhondel Whyte, a junior in the College of Engineering, on his ticket as vice president.
Hasan is a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences and is a staff writer for The Oracle. He will campaign with Harsh Patil, a freshman from the College of Arts and Sciences, on his ticket as vice president.
Last year, two candidates ran for president. Six ran for the position in 2012, four in 2011 and five ran in 2010.
Campaigning for the candidates begins Monday, and voting will begin Feb. 24.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
- Accusations swirl as decision on student body president nears
- USF partners with company of Lightning owner Jeff Vinik
- Running back Darius Tice gets second chance
- Three predictions for USF football
- Bay Area joins international March for Science
- EDITORIAL: When can we expect a president?
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas