Three to campaign for student body president
In the upcoming weeks, students on campus will campaign to become an elected member of Student Government (SG), an entity that allocates more than $14 million in Activities and Service fees across the university.
About 60 SG Senate positions will open, but only one student can become student body president — a title that represents more than 40,000 students on the Tampa campus and can include a seat on the USF Board of Trustees.
Candidates for student body president include Brandi Arnold, Jean Cocco and Danish Hasan.
Arnold, a senior in the College of Business, is the executive director of the Campus Traditions Board for the Center for Student Involvement. She will campaign with Shaheen Nouri, a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences, on her ticket as vice president.
Cocco is an SG senator for the College of Arts and Sciences and the current chair of the SG University, Community and Government Affairs committee. He will campaign with Rhondel Whyte, a junior in the College of Engineering, on his ticket as vice president.
Hasan is a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences and is a staff writer for The Oracle. He will campaign with Harsh Patil, a freshman from the College of Arts and Sciences, on his ticket as vice president.
Last year, two candidates ran for president. Six ran for the position in 2012, four in 2011 and five ran in 2010.
Campaigning for the candidates begins Monday, and voting will begin Feb. 24.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Despite losing record, Bulls sets sights on conference title
- Z Baked provides warm cookies on demand
- Addicted to Apple: a dire diagnosis for millennials
- USF partners with World Health Organization
- Speaker sees astronomy through historical lens
- Bulls aim to bounce back on homestand
- USF Oliver Gallery gets ‘Down and Dirty’
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership