Three to campaign for student body president
In the upcoming weeks, students on campus will campaign to become an elected member of Student Government (SG), an entity that allocates more than $14 million in Activities and Service fees across the university.
About 60 SG Senate positions will open, but only one student can become student body president — a title that represents more than 40,000 students on the Tampa campus and can include a seat on the USF Board of Trustees.
Candidates for student body president include Brandi Arnold, Jean Cocco and Danish Hasan.
Arnold, a senior in the College of Business, is the executive director of the Campus Traditions Board for the Center for Student Involvement. She will campaign with Shaheen Nouri, a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences, on her ticket as vice president.
Cocco is an SG senator for the College of Arts and Sciences and the current chair of the SG University, Community and Government Affairs committee. He will campaign with Rhondel Whyte, a junior in the College of Engineering, on his ticket as vice president.
Hasan is a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences and is a staff writer for The Oracle. He will campaign with Harsh Patil, a freshman from the College of Arts and Sciences, on his ticket as vice president.
Last year, two candidates ran for president. Six ran for the position in 2012, four in 2011 and five ran in 2010.
Campaigning for the candidates begins Monday, and voting will begin Feb. 24.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Author Yaa Gyasi shares her method of writing
- St. Pete Police looking for men alleged to have punched USF student
- USF hosts third annual Sports and Entertainment Analytics Conference
- USF baseball’s streak falls one short of record
- ‘Challenge of the perception’
- Local pub crawl mixes business and pleasure
- City needs to rethink answer to helping homeless
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses