Three to campaign for student body president
In the upcoming weeks, students on campus will campaign to become an elected member of Student Government (SG), an entity that allocates more than $14 million in Activities and Service fees across the university.
About 60 SG Senate positions will open, but only one student can become student body president — a title that represents more than 40,000 students on the Tampa campus and can include a seat on the USF Board of Trustees.
Candidates for student body president include Brandi Arnold, Jean Cocco and Danish Hasan.
Arnold, a senior in the College of Business, is the executive director of the Campus Traditions Board for the Center for Student Involvement. She will campaign with Shaheen Nouri, a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences, on her ticket as vice president.
Cocco is an SG senator for the College of Arts and Sciences and the current chair of the SG University, Community and Government Affairs committee. He will campaign with Rhondel Whyte, a junior in the College of Engineering, on his ticket as vice president.
Hasan is a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences and is a staff writer for The Oracle. He will campaign with Harsh Patil, a freshman from the College of Arts and Sciences, on his ticket as vice president.
Last year, two candidates ran for president. Six ran for the position in 2012, four in 2011 and five ran in 2010.
Campaigning for the candidates begins Monday, and voting will begin Feb. 24.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Florida Legislature kills LGBT discrimination ban
- USF partners with Brazilian university
- Students express varying opinions on Trump’s visit
- Divestment resolution scrutinized by court
- USF baseball's success hinges on its youth
- Erica Nunn and Lee Ann Spivey prepare for final season
- Get to know Deadpool before the movie
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...