Taggart announces initial coaching changes
Less than a week after being appointed as head football coach, Willie Taggart announced initial coaching staff changes Thursday.
While members of the former staff, including assistant coach Kevin Patrick, offensive coordinator Todd Fitch and defensive coordinator Chris Cosh, were let go, one member of the former staff was retained former running backs coach Larry Scott.
Scott has been tapped to serve as offensive assistant, while Taggart announced that Raymond Woodie, who coached with Taggart at Western Kentucky, would join as defensive assistant. Both Woodie and Scott are seen as strong recruiters something Taggart said he will prioritize in the coming seasons.
Since being officially announced as coach on Saturday, Taggart has received three commitments from Fort Lauderdale quarterback Mike White and El Dorado, Kan. defensive players Torrel Saffold and Rahmon Swain.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance