Taggart announces initial coaching changes
Less than a week after being appointed as head football coach, Willie Taggart announced initial coaching staff changes Thursday.
While members of the former staff, including assistant coach Kevin Patrick, offensive coordinator Todd Fitch and defensive coordinator Chris Cosh, were let go, one member of the former staff was retained former running backs coach Larry Scott.
Scott has been tapped to serve as offensive assistant, while Taggart announced that Raymond Woodie, who coached with Taggart at Western Kentucky, would join as defensive assistant. Both Woodie and Scott are seen as strong recruiters something Taggart said he will prioritize in the coming seasons.
Since being officially announced as coach on Saturday, Taggart has received three commitments from Fort Lauderdale quarterback Mike White and El Dorado, Kan. defensive players Torrel Saffold and Rahmon Swain.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
- USF staff member struggles with new sick leave policy
- USF is wary of winless UCF ahead of rivalry game
- Slow start is cause for concern for USF men's basketball
- The most wonderful time of the year
- Turkey, football and giving thanks
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind