Taggart announces initial coaching changes
Less than a week after being appointed as head football coach, Willie Taggart announced initial coaching staff changes Thursday.
While members of the former staff, including assistant coach Kevin Patrick, offensive coordinator Todd Fitch and defensive coordinator Chris Cosh, were let go, one member of the former staff was retained former running backs coach Larry Scott.
Scott has been tapped to serve as offensive assistant, while Taggart announced that Raymond Woodie, who coached with Taggart at Western Kentucky, would join as defensive assistant. Both Woodie and Scott are seen as strong recruiters something Taggart said he will prioritize in the coming seasons.
Since being officially announced as coach on Saturday, Taggart has received three commitments from Fort Lauderdale quarterback Mike White and El Dorado, Kan. defensive players Torrel Saffold and Rahmon Swain.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Mack carries Bulls in season opener
- USF researchers take on true ALS challenge
- Artists to bridge gap for Muslim, Arab cultures
- USF women’s soccer captures first season win against FGCU
- End-of-summer movies fall into theaters
- #100happydays might be difficult to achieve
- Higher education continues to lack diversity
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care