Super Bowl's Top 5 Commercials
While some watched the Super Bowl for the football, others watched it for Beyonces half-time performance and yet others watch it for the highly coveted 30-second commercials between plays that have come to cost around $4 million each.
Here are some of our favorites:
E-Trade, known for their Super Bowl commercials, has done it again and the cute baby with the cowlick in the center of his forehead came back. Sitting next to a fat stack of cash, the talking baby with the voice of a drunk college kid talks about other ways to burn the cash than pay hidden fees, and images of the baby having quite the time of his life at horse races, clubs and in a hot tub are displayed.
No one gets YOLO better than a retirement community decked out in their finest swag. This commercial, which plays a rendition of FUNs We are Young in Spanish, features several 60-plusses getting their funky on bars, tattoos, flashing, making out in the bathroom, etc. While the ad asks viewers to Live Mas, it is certainly a nice reminder that fun doesnt end after college.
Featuring Dwayne The Rock Johnson, superhero Johnson cant be bothered with saving the world, stopping bank robbers or even rescuing a cat from a tree until he and three young kids at his table can get their milk.
The Clydesdale horses make their return in this sentimental commercial set to Fleetwood Macs Landslide in which a baby foal is separated from his trainer and taken in a Budweiser truck. The trainer goes to see him years later in a parade only to sense that the horse no longer recognizes him. But as he drives away, the horse bounds through the street toward him and the two embrace. Budweiser then asks viewers to tweet name suggestions for the horse in the commercial.
In this commercial, a wholly unprepared dad answers his sons question of where babies come from with a complex explanation as the two drive in a Kia. Babies, he said, come from Babylandia and big, giant rocketships bring the babies before distracting him with music.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities