Student transported to hospital after medical emergency
A USF student was transported to a local hospital via ambulance after being removed from a car after experiencing a medical emergency in a parking lot adjacent to Alumni Drive.
University Police officers responded to the scene and rendered care until members of Tampa Fire Rescue arrived. According to a statement from University Police spokesman Lt. Chris Daniel, representatives from the Center for Victim Advocacy and Violence Prevention were called to assist members of the family, who were in the vehicle with the student at the time of the incident.
The condition of the student is unknown at the time due to HIPAA protection laws.
- Staff Report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Students share thoughts after first presidential debate
- Controversial speaker yields large turnout, small protest
- Bulls ready for redemption after loss to Seminoles
- Shimberg Library’s furry ambassador: Golden Snitch
- Taking the stage for first debate
- The cost of controversy: Yiannopoulos
- Portillo’s founder brings Chicago taste to university area
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Good Dental Care: Make It Safe
- Gran promesa latina lanza línea de moda para el...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida