Student transported to hospital after medical emergency
A USF student was transported to a local hospital via ambulance after being removed from a car after experiencing a medical emergency in a parking lot adjacent to Alumni Drive.
University Police officers responded to the scene and rendered care until members of Tampa Fire Rescue arrived. According to a statement from University Police spokesman Lt. Chris Daniel, representatives from the Center for Victim Advocacy and Violence Prevention were called to assist members of the family, who were in the vehicle with the student at the time of the incident.
The condition of the student is unknown at the time due to HIPAA protection laws.
- Staff Report
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain