Stanley Levy nominated as new Board member
Stanley Levy, former southeast regional manager, foundation president and senior partner emeritus of Grant Thornton LLP, was nominated by the Trustee Nominating and Development Committee of the State University System Board of Governors (BOG) to serve a five year term last week to fill one of two vacancies on the USF Board of Trustees.
Levy, who graduated from USF with a bachelors degree in business administration and accountancy in 1973, currently serves on USFs College of Business Executive Advisory Committee, the University of Floridas Warrington College of Business and Fischer School of Accounting advisory board, the Florida Council on Economic Education, the Florida Venture Forum, the Association for Corporate Growth and other non-profit boards.
In his application, Levy stated the University Board of Trustees are ultimately responsible for the fiduciary integrity, academic standards and financial stability of the University ... I have a strong financial background, sit on numerous not-for-profit boards and understand the critical role of a board member.
BOG Committee Chair Mori Hosseini, one of the applicant interviewers, said he believed Levy could contribute much to USFs 12-person board.
Based on his financial expertise and his clear interest in higher education, I believe that Mr. Levy would make a great Board of Trustees member for the University of South Florida, he said.
Levy will need to be confirmed as a trustee member by the Florida Senate.
USF Media and Public Affairs Coordinator Adam Freeman said in an email to The Oracle that trustees are selected through a combination of appointments from the Governor and the Board of Governors and members of the community are always encouraged to apply.
USF looks forward to Stanley Levy beginning his term with the Board of Trustees, Freeman said. As a USF graduate, the university welcomes his return.
Reporting by Divya Kumar
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists