Stanley Levy nominated as new Board member
Stanley Levy, former southeast regional manager, foundation president and senior partner emeritus of Grant Thornton LLP, was nominated by the Trustee Nominating and Development Committee of the State University System Board of Governors (BOG) to serve a five year term last week to fill one of two vacancies on the USF Board of Trustees.
Levy, who graduated from USF with a bachelors degree in business administration and accountancy in 1973, currently serves on USFs College of Business Executive Advisory Committee, the University of Floridas Warrington College of Business and Fischer School of Accounting advisory board, the Florida Council on Economic Education, the Florida Venture Forum, the Association for Corporate Growth and other non-profit boards.
In his application, Levy stated the University Board of Trustees are ultimately responsible for the fiduciary integrity, academic standards and financial stability of the University ... I have a strong financial background, sit on numerous not-for-profit boards and understand the critical role of a board member.
BOG Committee Chair Mori Hosseini, one of the applicant interviewers, said he believed Levy could contribute much to USFs 12-person board.
Based on his financial expertise and his clear interest in higher education, I believe that Mr. Levy would make a great Board of Trustees member for the University of South Florida, he said.
Levy will need to be confirmed as a trustee member by the Florida Senate.
USF Media and Public Affairs Coordinator Adam Freeman said in an email to The Oracle that trustees are selected through a combination of appointments from the Governor and the Board of Governors and members of the community are always encouraged to apply.
USF looks forward to Stanley Levy beginning his term with the Board of Trustees, Freeman said. As a USF graduate, the university welcomes his return.
Reporting by Divya Kumar
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Three students report armed robbery
- Bulls suffer first home defeat against No. 8 Washington
- Fairs leads Bulls to two-win weekend
- Artists keep what fans love
- Bulls edge UConn in conference opener
- Students warned not to sign up for GetStudyRoom.com
- Despite losing record, Bulls sets sights on conference title
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections