Stanley Levy nominated as new Board member
Stanley Levy, former southeast regional manager, foundation president and senior partner emeritus of Grant Thornton LLP, was nominated by the Trustee Nominating and Development Committee of the State University System Board of Governors (BOG) to serve a five year term last week to fill one of two vacancies on the USF Board of Trustees.
Levy, who graduated from USF with a bachelors degree in business administration and accountancy in 1973, currently serves on USFs College of Business Executive Advisory Committee, the University of Floridas Warrington College of Business and Fischer School of Accounting advisory board, the Florida Council on Economic Education, the Florida Venture Forum, the Association for Corporate Growth and other non-profit boards.
In his application, Levy stated the University Board of Trustees are ultimately responsible for the fiduciary integrity, academic standards and financial stability of the University ... I have a strong financial background, sit on numerous not-for-profit boards and understand the critical role of a board member.
BOG Committee Chair Mori Hosseini, one of the applicant interviewers, said he believed Levy could contribute much to USFs 12-person board.
Based on his financial expertise and his clear interest in higher education, I believe that Mr. Levy would make a great Board of Trustees member for the University of South Florida, he said.
Levy will need to be confirmed as a trustee member by the Florida Senate.
USF Media and Public Affairs Coordinator Adam Freeman said in an email to The Oracle that trustees are selected through a combination of appointments from the Governor and the Board of Governors and members of the community are always encouraged to apply.
USF looks forward to Stanley Levy beginning his term with the Board of Trustees, Freeman said. As a USF graduate, the university welcomes his return.
Reporting by Divya Kumar
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Lightning’s Student Rush program continues to grow
- A look at the 2016-17 A&S budget
- Path to preeminence prompts office integration
- It’s time colleges reform their application process
- Freshman pitcher finds his stride in the bullpen
- Rise and shine: The awakening of USF’s sleeping giant
- Bedbugs found in USF business classrooms
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
- The Big Showdown Over Fingerprinting Uber and Lyft Drivers
- Encryption - Why It Matters to You
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Launch Bold Initiative to Help
- Course Hero Launches New Android App to Help Students Study Anywhere