Stanley Levy nominated as new Board member
Stanley Levy, former southeast regional manager, foundation president and senior partner emeritus of Grant Thornton LLP, was nominated by the Trustee Nominating and Development Committee of the State University System Board of Governors (BOG) to serve a five year term last week to fill one of two vacancies on the USF Board of Trustees.
Levy, who graduated from USF with a bachelors degree in business administration and accountancy in 1973, currently serves on USFs College of Business Executive Advisory Committee, the University of Floridas Warrington College of Business and Fischer School of Accounting advisory board, the Florida Council on Economic Education, the Florida Venture Forum, the Association for Corporate Growth and other non-profit boards.
In his application, Levy stated the University Board of Trustees are ultimately responsible for the fiduciary integrity, academic standards and financial stability of the University ... I have a strong financial background, sit on numerous not-for-profit boards and understand the critical role of a board member.
BOG Committee Chair Mori Hosseini, one of the applicant interviewers, said he believed Levy could contribute much to USFs 12-person board.
Based on his financial expertise and his clear interest in higher education, I believe that Mr. Levy would make a great Board of Trustees member for the University of South Florida, he said.
Levy will need to be confirmed as a trustee member by the Florida Senate.
USF Media and Public Affairs Coordinator Adam Freeman said in an email to The Oracle that trustees are selected through a combination of appointments from the Governor and the Board of Governors and members of the community are always encouraged to apply.
USF looks forward to Stanley Levy beginning his term with the Board of Trustees, Freeman said. As a USF graduate, the university welcomes his return.
Reporting by Divya Kumar
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USFSP solar-powered garage turned on, largest in Florida
- Registrar to be removed amid lawsuit
- Tarek’s Cafe feeds USF’s eclectic tastes
- EDITORIAL: Scott needs to rethink stance on body cameras
- New chicken at Chick-fil-A
- Researchers study why mosquitoes excel at sucking
- Photo Gallery: Public art displays brighten up campus
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Know Which Plumbing Projects Need a Pro
- Light Up Your Landscaping Like a Pro
- Manage Emergency Plumbing Leaks With Ease
- How to Protect Pets From Fleas and Ticks
- Key Ingredients for a Healthy Heart
- Spring Cleaning Made Easy to Help Tackle Inanimate Allergens
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards