Stanley Levy nominated as new Board member
Stanley Levy, former southeast regional manager, foundation president and senior partner emeritus of Grant Thornton LLP, was nominated by the Trustee Nominating and Development Committee of the State University System Board of Governors (BOG) to serve a five year term last week to fill one of two vacancies on the USF Board of Trustees.
Levy, who graduated from USF with a bachelors degree in business administration and accountancy in 1973, currently serves on USFs College of Business Executive Advisory Committee, the University of Floridas Warrington College of Business and Fischer School of Accounting advisory board, the Florida Council on Economic Education, the Florida Venture Forum, the Association for Corporate Growth and other non-profit boards.
In his application, Levy stated the University Board of Trustees are ultimately responsible for the fiduciary integrity, academic standards and financial stability of the University ... I have a strong financial background, sit on numerous not-for-profit boards and understand the critical role of a board member.
BOG Committee Chair Mori Hosseini, one of the applicant interviewers, said he believed Levy could contribute much to USFs 12-person board.
Based on his financial expertise and his clear interest in higher education, I believe that Mr. Levy would make a great Board of Trustees member for the University of South Florida, he said.
Levy will need to be confirmed as a trustee member by the Florida Senate.
USF Media and Public Affairs Coordinator Adam Freeman said in an email to The Oracle that trustees are selected through a combination of appointments from the Governor and the Board of Governors and members of the community are always encouraged to apply.
USF looks forward to Stanley Levy beginning his term with the Board of Trustees, Freeman said. As a USF graduate, the university welcomes his return.
Reporting by Divya Kumar
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- A bond between brothers
- As exams near, student stress levels soar
- Message to draftees: Don’t mess this up
- Bulls held scoreless in midweek loss to Stetson
- As need for cybersecurity grows, USF class offers solutions
- Florida should pass laws to help women
- Tampa continues to tackle public transportation issue
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum