USF preparing for late season run
With only five conference games remaining until the Big East tournament, the pressure on the USF volleyball team is mounting.
The Bulls (5-5) are in seventh place, with the top eight teams advancing to the conference tournament. Seeds five and six are tied at six wins each.
Coach Courtney Draper said while its tempting to monitor other teams in the conference, she wants to make sure her team has the proper mindset as it faces DePaul (2-7) on Fri- day night.
For us, its one match at a time, she said. DePauls re- cord isnt good but we cannot overlook them for a second. They are taking the best teams in our conference to four or five sets.
The Bulls will play Notre Dame (8-1) on Sunday in the second game of what could be the most important weekend series this season.
The Fighting Irish rank in the top five in the conference in hitting, kills and assists, but the Bulls have shown an of- fensive prowess recently that could match up well with Notre Dames defense.
In last weekends matches, Draper said the Bulls passed very well in the four sets they had success in, and struggled in the other sets where they did not pass well.
It doesnt matter if its 10-year-olds, 20-year-olds or professionals. When you pass and serve well, you will be successful, Draper said. So were working on that a lot in practice.
The team will be on the roadduring homecoming weekend. Draper said she sees it as more of a gained opportunity than a missed one.
The girls prioritize well,she said. Were on the road during homecoming represent- ing the athletics program, so we better make the most of it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone