USF preparing for late season run
With only five conference games remaining until the Big East tournament, the pressure on the USF volleyball team is mounting.
The Bulls (5-5) are in seventh place, with the top eight teams advancing to the conference tournament. Seeds five and six are tied at six wins each.
Coach Courtney Draper said while its tempting to monitor other teams in the conference, she wants to make sure her team has the proper mindset as it faces DePaul (2-7) on Fri- day night.
For us, its one match at a time, she said. DePauls re- cord isnt good but we cannot overlook them for a second. They are taking the best teams in our conference to four or five sets.
The Bulls will play Notre Dame (8-1) on Sunday in the second game of what could be the most important weekend series this season.
The Fighting Irish rank in the top five in the conference in hitting, kills and assists, but the Bulls have shown an of- fensive prowess recently that could match up well with Notre Dames defense.
In last weekends matches, Draper said the Bulls passed very well in the four sets they had success in, and struggled in the other sets where they did not pass well.
It doesnt matter if its 10-year-olds, 20-year-olds or professionals. When you pass and serve well, you will be successful, Draper said. So were working on that a lot in practice.
The team will be on the roadduring homecoming weekend. Draper said she sees it as more of a gained opportunity than a missed one.
The girls prioritize well,she said. Were on the road during homecoming represent- ing the athletics program, so we better make the most of it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
- Yogurt, the front-line defense against Type 1 diabetes?
- USF’s new policy not in employees’ best interest
- Open mic discusses impact of suicide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind