USF preparing for late season run
With only five conference games remaining until the Big East tournament, the pressure on the USF volleyball team is mounting.
The Bulls (5-5) are in seventh place, with the top eight teams advancing to the conference tournament. Seeds five and six are tied at six wins each.
Coach Courtney Draper said while its tempting to monitor other teams in the conference, she wants to make sure her team has the proper mindset as it faces DePaul (2-7) on Fri- day night.
For us, its one match at a time, she said. DePauls re- cord isnt good but we cannot overlook them for a second. They are taking the best teams in our conference to four or five sets.
The Bulls will play Notre Dame (8-1) on Sunday in the second game of what could be the most important weekend series this season.
The Fighting Irish rank in the top five in the conference in hitting, kills and assists, but the Bulls have shown an of- fensive prowess recently that could match up well with Notre Dames defense.
In last weekends matches, Draper said the Bulls passed very well in the four sets they had success in, and struggled in the other sets where they did not pass well.
It doesnt matter if its 10-year-olds, 20-year-olds or professionals. When you pass and serve well, you will be successful, Draper said. So were working on that a lot in practice.
The team will be on the roadduring homecoming weekend. Draper said she sees it as more of a gained opportunity than a missed one.
The girls prioritize well,she said. Were on the road during homecoming represent- ing the athletics program, so we better make the most of it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- A bond between brothers
- As exams near, student stress levels soar
- Message to draftees: Don’t mess this up
- Bulls held scoreless in midweek loss to Stetson
- As need for cybersecurity grows, USF class offers solutions
- Florida should pass laws to help women
- Tampa continues to tackle public transportation issue
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum