USF notches 10th Big East win
For the first time in program history, the USF men's basketball team has won 10 conference games.
The Bulls had never achieved double-digit conference wins in any of their homes - the Sun Belt, the Metro, Conference USA or the Big East - until a 56-47 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday night at the Petersen Events Center.
USF is now 17-10 on the season and 10-4 in the league and finds itself moving on to the NCAA Tournament bubble.
The Bulls were led by freshman point guard Anthony Collins, who scored a career-high 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the field. His previous high was 15 points on the road at Providence on Jan. 29.
With the win, USF remains in a tie for fourth in the Big East. The top eight teams in the league standings receive a bye in the conference tournament.
The Bulls have four games left, with a trip to No. 2 Syracuse on Wednesday night next on the schedule. USF also travels to Louisville and hosts Cincinnati and West Virginia before the regular season ends.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- EDITORIAL: Millennials cry out for political revolution
- Step aside boys, late night has a new queen with ‘Full Frontal’
- USF's Jenkins comes back strong in win over Tulane
- Senate votes in favor of transparency and police body cameras
- Trump protesters organize for Friday’s rally
- Stopping the stigma of second-hand stores
- USF's 2016 football schedule is now set
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown