USF notches 10th Big East win
For the first time in program history, the USF men's basketball team has won 10 conference games.
The Bulls had never achieved double-digit conference wins in any of their homes - the Sun Belt, the Metro, Conference USA or the Big East - until a 56-47 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday night at the Petersen Events Center.
USF is now 17-10 on the season and 10-4 in the league and finds itself moving on to the NCAA Tournament bubble.
The Bulls were led by freshman point guard Anthony Collins, who scored a career-high 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the field. His previous high was 15 points on the road at Providence on Jan. 29.
With the win, USF remains in a tie for fourth in the Big East. The top eight teams in the league standings receive a bye in the conference tournament.
The Bulls have four games left, with a trip to No. 2 Syracuse on Wednesday night next on the schedule. USF also travels to Louisville and hosts Cincinnati and West Virginia before the regular season ends.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor