USF notches 10th Big East win
For the first time in program history, the USF men's basketball team has won 10 conference games.
The Bulls had never achieved double-digit conference wins in any of their homes - the Sun Belt, the Metro, Conference USA or the Big East - until a 56-47 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday night at the Petersen Events Center.
USF is now 17-10 on the season and 10-4 in the league and finds itself moving on to the NCAA Tournament bubble.
The Bulls were led by freshman point guard Anthony Collins, who scored a career-high 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the field. His previous high was 15 points on the road at Providence on Jan. 29.
With the win, USF remains in a tie for fourth in the Big East. The top eight teams in the league standings receive a bye in the conference tournament.
The Bulls have four games left, with a trip to No. 2 Syracuse on Wednesday night next on the schedule. USF also travels to Louisville and hosts Cincinnati and West Virginia before the regular season ends.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?