USF notches 10th Big East win
For the first time in program history, the USF men's basketball team has won 10 conference games.
The Bulls had never achieved double-digit conference wins in any of their homes - the Sun Belt, the Metro, Conference USA or the Big East - until a 56-47 win over Pittsburgh on Sunday night at the Petersen Events Center.
USF is now 17-10 on the season and 10-4 in the league and finds itself moving on to the NCAA Tournament bubble.
The Bulls were led by freshman point guard Anthony Collins, who scored a career-high 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the field. His previous high was 15 points on the road at Providence on Jan. 29.
With the win, USF remains in a tie for fourth in the Big East. The top eight teams in the league standings receive a bye in the conference tournament.
The Bulls have four games left, with a trip to No. 2 Syracuse on Wednesday night next on the schedule. USF also travels to Louisville and hosts Cincinnati and West Virginia before the regular season ends.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain
- Lighting Tips to Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space
- 4 Ways to Cut Your Energy Bills (5 If You're Up to It)