USF clipped by Golden Eagles
After an impressive three-game winning streak, the USF men's basketball team was humbled in Wisconsin by No. 18 Marquette, whichhanded the Bulls their ninth loss on the season, eight of which have come on the road.
It appeared that theBulls (12-9, 5-3) had finallyfigured out how to win on the road in the BigEast, after a 16-point winover DePaul on Sunday, but playing on the road against a nationally ranked team is an entirely different monster.
The Golden Eagles (17-5, 6-2)hit back-to-back 3-pointers totake a 24-15 lead with3:04 left in the first half. They never looked back,winning the game 67-47 - the most points that the Bulls' Big East-leading defense hasgiven up the entire season.
Darius Johnson-Odom, with 17 points and six rebounds, and Davante Gardner, with15 points, four rebounds and a game-high six steals, led the Golden Eagles totheir fifth-consecutive BigEast victory, moving their
conference record to 6-2 after a rough 1-2 start.
The Bulls were led byToarlyn Fitzpatrick, who had a double-double with 19 pointsand 10 rebounds. VictorRudd Jr. was the only otherUSF player in double-digits,scoring 10 points on2-of-5 shooting. The 47 points scored by the Bulls was their lowest total since their52-40 loss to Auburnon Dec. 14.
USF returns to actionSunday against Providence at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, and the Bulls still have an
impressive 10-1 record athome this season. The game will tip off at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...