USF clipped by Golden Eagles
After an impressive three-game winning streak, the USF men's basketball team was humbled in Wisconsin by No. 18 Marquette, whichhanded the Bulls their ninth loss on the season, eight of which have come on the road.
It appeared that theBulls (12-9, 5-3) had finallyfigured out how to win on the road in the BigEast, after a 16-point winover DePaul on Sunday, but playing on the road against a nationally ranked team is an entirely different monster.
The Golden Eagles (17-5, 6-2)hit back-to-back 3-pointers totake a 24-15 lead with3:04 left in the first half. They never looked back,winning the game 67-47 - the most points that the Bulls' Big East-leading defense hasgiven up the entire season.
Darius Johnson-Odom, with 17 points and six rebounds, and Davante Gardner, with15 points, four rebounds and a game-high six steals, led the Golden Eagles totheir fifth-consecutive BigEast victory, moving their
conference record to 6-2 after a rough 1-2 start.
The Bulls were led byToarlyn Fitzpatrick, who had a double-double with 19 pointsand 10 rebounds. VictorRudd Jr. was the only otherUSF player in double-digits,scoring 10 points on2-of-5 shooting. The 47 points scored by the Bulls was their lowest total since their52-40 loss to Auburnon Dec. 14.
USF returns to actionSunday against Providence at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, and the Bulls still have an
impressive 10-1 record athome this season. The game will tip off at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Valdes takes the mound against former team as Bulls travel to play No. 5 FSU
- Lack of depth to blame for late-season slump
- On-campus Publix sees delays
- Humans meet zombies in campus-wide game of tag
- New bill could ease USF closer to pre-eminent status
- SG Supreme Court divided on referendum decision
- Keeping up the Mojo
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program