USF clipped by Golden Eagles
After an impressive three-game winning streak, the USF men's basketball team was humbled in Wisconsin by No. 18 Marquette, whichhanded the Bulls their ninth loss on the season, eight of which have come on the road.
It appeared that theBulls (12-9, 5-3) had finallyfigured out how to win on the road in the BigEast, after a 16-point winover DePaul on Sunday, but playing on the road against a nationally ranked team is an entirely different monster.
The Golden Eagles (17-5, 6-2)hit back-to-back 3-pointers totake a 24-15 lead with3:04 left in the first half. They never looked back,winning the game 67-47 - the most points that the Bulls' Big East-leading defense hasgiven up the entire season.
Darius Johnson-Odom, with 17 points and six rebounds, and Davante Gardner, with15 points, four rebounds and a game-high six steals, led the Golden Eagles totheir fifth-consecutive BigEast victory, moving their
conference record to 6-2 after a rough 1-2 start.
The Bulls were led byToarlyn Fitzpatrick, who had a double-double with 19 pointsand 10 rebounds. VictorRudd Jr. was the only otherUSF player in double-digits,scoring 10 points on2-of-5 shooting. The 47 points scored by the Bulls was their lowest total since their52-40 loss to Auburnon Dec. 14.
USF returns to actionSunday against Providence at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, and the Bulls still have an
impressive 10-1 record athome this season. The game will tip off at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit