USF clipped by Golden Eagles
After an impressive three-game winning streak, the USF men's basketball team was humbled in Wisconsin by No. 18 Marquette, whichhanded the Bulls their ninth loss on the season, eight of which have come on the road.
It appeared that theBulls (12-9, 5-3) had finallyfigured out how to win on the road in the BigEast, after a 16-point winover DePaul on Sunday, but playing on the road against a nationally ranked team is an entirely different monster.
The Golden Eagles (17-5, 6-2)hit back-to-back 3-pointers totake a 24-15 lead with3:04 left in the first half. They never looked back,winning the game 67-47 - the most points that the Bulls' Big East-leading defense hasgiven up the entire season.
Darius Johnson-Odom, with 17 points and six rebounds, and Davante Gardner, with15 points, four rebounds and a game-high six steals, led the Golden Eagles totheir fifth-consecutive BigEast victory, moving their
conference record to 6-2 after a rough 1-2 start.
The Bulls were led byToarlyn Fitzpatrick, who had a double-double with 19 pointsand 10 rebounds. VictorRudd Jr. was the only otherUSF player in double-digits,scoring 10 points on2-of-5 shooting. The 47 points scored by the Bulls was their lowest total since their52-40 loss to Auburnon Dec. 14.
USF returns to actionSunday against Providence at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, and the Bulls still have an
impressive 10-1 record athome this season. The game will tip off at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”