USF clipped by Golden Eagles
After an impressive three-game winning streak, the USF men's basketball team was humbled in Wisconsin by No. 18 Marquette, whichhanded the Bulls their ninth loss on the season, eight of which have come on the road.
It appeared that theBulls (12-9, 5-3) had finallyfigured out how to win on the road in the BigEast, after a 16-point winover DePaul on Sunday, but playing on the road against a nationally ranked team is an entirely different monster.
The Golden Eagles (17-5, 6-2)hit back-to-back 3-pointers totake a 24-15 lead with3:04 left in the first half. They never looked back,winning the game 67-47 - the most points that the Bulls' Big East-leading defense hasgiven up the entire season.
Darius Johnson-Odom, with 17 points and six rebounds, and Davante Gardner, with15 points, four rebounds and a game-high six steals, led the Golden Eagles totheir fifth-consecutive BigEast victory, moving their
conference record to 6-2 after a rough 1-2 start.
The Bulls were led byToarlyn Fitzpatrick, who had a double-double with 19 pointsand 10 rebounds. VictorRudd Jr. was the only otherUSF player in double-digits,scoring 10 points on2-of-5 shooting. The 47 points scored by the Bulls was their lowest total since their52-40 loss to Auburnon Dec. 14.
USF returns to actionSunday against Providence at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, and the Bulls still have an
impressive 10-1 record athome this season. The game will tip off at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities