Three Bulls chosen in draft
Three of USFs best arms will be on their way to the major leagues. After no USF players were drafted on the first day, three Bulls were selected in the final two draft days.
Reliever Austin Adams and weekend starters Derrick Stultz and Andrew Barbosa were drafted in the Major League Baseball First-Year players draft, selected by the Los Angeles Angels and Arizona Diamondbacks, respectively.
Adams was selected in the eighth round, as the 267th pick in the Draft. The righty was coming off an impressive junior season in which he posted a 1.82 ERA and 34 strikeouts.
Stultz was drafted in the 14th round, when the Diamondbacks used their 453rd pick on the 6-foot-3 righty, while USFs ace, Andrew Barbosa, whose draft chance fell thanks in large part of Tommy John surgery near the start of the 2011 season, was also drafted by Arizona in the 36th round, as the 1,113th pick.
Barr steps down
After 21 years with the USF mens tennis program, including 20 years as coach, Don Barr will be retiring after he serves as the director of mens tennis operations in the 2012-13 season, allowing the team to transition to a new head coach.
Ive had a wonderful experience at USF as the head mens tennis coach, Barr said in a press release. Weve worked tirelessly to produce a winning program and were very proud of what weve accomplished here at USF.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor