Three Bulls chosen in draft
Three of USFs best arms will be on their way to the major leagues. After no USF players were drafted on the first day, three Bulls were selected in the final two draft days.
Reliever Austin Adams and weekend starters Derrick Stultz and Andrew Barbosa were drafted in the Major League Baseball First-Year players draft, selected by the Los Angeles Angels and Arizona Diamondbacks, respectively.
Adams was selected in the eighth round, as the 267th pick in the Draft. The righty was coming off an impressive junior season in which he posted a 1.82 ERA and 34 strikeouts.
Stultz was drafted in the 14th round, when the Diamondbacks used their 453rd pick on the 6-foot-3 righty, while USFs ace, Andrew Barbosa, whose draft chance fell thanks in large part of Tommy John surgery near the start of the 2011 season, was also drafted by Arizona in the 36th round, as the 1,113th pick.
Barr steps down
After 21 years with the USF mens tennis program, including 20 years as coach, Don Barr will be retiring after he serves as the director of mens tennis operations in the 2012-13 season, allowing the team to transition to a new head coach.
Ive had a wonderful experience at USF as the head mens tennis coach, Barr said in a press release. Weve worked tirelessly to produce a winning program and were very proud of what weve accomplished here at USF.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes