Struggling St. Johns comes to Tampa
Coming off a dramatic win over No. 24 Seton Hall last week, the USF men's basketball team (10-8, 3-2)returns to the Tampa Bay Times Forum tonight to take on St. John's.
After making the NCAAtournament for the first time since 2002 last season, theRed Storm is strugglingthrough a difficult seasonthis year without its headcoach Steve Lavin.
Lavin is sidelined ashe continues to recover from surgery for prostate cancer. Mike Dunlap is serving as the interim coach.
On the court, St. John's(8-9, 2-4) has also struggled following the departure of Nurideen Lindsey, whoannounced his intention to transfer nine games intothe season. Lindsey averagedjust less than 12 pointsper game and led the teamin assists before leaving.
Without Lindsey, St. John'sis led by a pairof freshmen in MoeHarkless and D'Angelo Harrison. Harkless averages15.8 points per game,just ahead of Harrison at 15. The Red Storm alsoget meaningful scoring fromforward God'sgift Achiuwa and combo playerSir'Dominic Pointer.
The Red Storm arrivesin Tampa having lost four of its last five games.On the season, seven ofSt. John's' nine losseshave come againstranked teams. Whilethe losses areunderstandable, St. John'slacks a quality win. A two-point win overCincinnati is the strongeston the Red Storm'sschedule, with the rest comingover various mid-majors.
Tipoff is scheduledfor 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest