Struggling St. Johns comes to Tampa
Coming off a dramatic win over No. 24 Seton Hall last week, the USF men's basketball team (10-8, 3-2)returns to the Tampa Bay Times Forum tonight to take on St. John's.
After making the NCAAtournament for the first time since 2002 last season, theRed Storm is strugglingthrough a difficult seasonthis year without its headcoach Steve Lavin.
Lavin is sidelined ashe continues to recover from surgery for prostate cancer. Mike Dunlap is serving as the interim coach.
On the court, St. John's(8-9, 2-4) has also struggled following the departure of Nurideen Lindsey, whoannounced his intention to transfer nine games intothe season. Lindsey averagedjust less than 12 pointsper game and led the teamin assists before leaving.
Without Lindsey, St. John'sis led by a pairof freshmen in MoeHarkless and D'Angelo Harrison. Harkless averages15.8 points per game,just ahead of Harrison at 15. The Red Storm alsoget meaningful scoring fromforward God'sgift Achiuwa and combo playerSir'Dominic Pointer.
The Red Storm arrivesin Tampa having lost four of its last five games.On the season, seven ofSt. John's' nine losseshave come againstranked teams. Whilethe losses areunderstandable, St. John'slacks a quality win. A two-point win overCincinnati is the strongeston the Red Storm'sschedule, with the rest comingover various mid-majors.
Tipoff is scheduledfor 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- ‘Jurassic World’ brings dino excitement back to life
- Haitian students to lead discussion on Caribbean migration crisis
- Schools share strategies for student success
- SCOTUS ruling not a personal attack against conservatives
- Woulard announces transfer to USF
- Antigua fills void with Penn State transfer
- Taggart adds offensive line depth
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Pointers for Packing the Perfect Summer Picnic
- Natural Snacks Make Nutritious Meals
- How American-Made Products Benefit Many
- Los Hispanos Celebran El Verano Con Diversión,...
- Minimizing the Mess: How to Keep a Clean Home With Kids
- Millennials Help Boost the Popularity of ETFs
- How to Handle the Potential Pitfalls of Dating
- Smart Homes Save Time and Money
- Simple Steps to Safeguard Your Second Home
- Smart Ways to Save on Home Insurance
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'