Struggling St. Johns comes to Tampa
Coming off a dramatic win over No. 24 Seton Hall last week, the USF men's basketball team (10-8, 3-2)returns to the Tampa Bay Times Forum tonight to take on St. John's.
After making the NCAAtournament for the first time since 2002 last season, theRed Storm is strugglingthrough a difficult seasonthis year without its headcoach Steve Lavin.
Lavin is sidelined ashe continues to recover from surgery for prostate cancer. Mike Dunlap is serving as the interim coach.
On the court, St. John's(8-9, 2-4) has also struggled following the departure of Nurideen Lindsey, whoannounced his intention to transfer nine games intothe season. Lindsey averagedjust less than 12 pointsper game and led the teamin assists before leaving.
Without Lindsey, St. John'sis led by a pairof freshmen in MoeHarkless and D'Angelo Harrison. Harkless averages15.8 points per game,just ahead of Harrison at 15. The Red Storm alsoget meaningful scoring fromforward God'sgift Achiuwa and combo playerSir'Dominic Pointer.
The Red Storm arrivesin Tampa having lost four of its last five games.On the season, seven ofSt. John's' nine losseshave come againstranked teams. Whilethe losses areunderstandable, St. John'slacks a quality win. A two-point win overCincinnati is the strongeston the Red Storm'sschedule, with the rest comingover various mid-majors.
Tipoff is scheduledfor 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Trump tickets still available
- Voter registration deadline approaches
- Candidates announced for 2016 Student Body President election
- USF routed by SMU as injuries continue to pile
- Students to explore film through MovieFest
- Obama finally puts his foot down against anti-Muslim rhetoric
- Trump to hold rally at Sun Dome
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber
- How Safe Is Your Child's Bedroom?
- Is Your Smile Unforgettable?