Struggling St. Johns comes to Tampa
Coming off a dramatic win over No. 24 Seton Hall last week, the USF men's basketball team (10-8, 3-2)returns to the Tampa Bay Times Forum tonight to take on St. John's.
After making the NCAAtournament for the first time since 2002 last season, theRed Storm is strugglingthrough a difficult seasonthis year without its headcoach Steve Lavin.
Lavin is sidelined ashe continues to recover from surgery for prostate cancer. Mike Dunlap is serving as the interim coach.
On the court, St. John's(8-9, 2-4) has also struggled following the departure of Nurideen Lindsey, whoannounced his intention to transfer nine games intothe season. Lindsey averagedjust less than 12 pointsper game and led the teamin assists before leaving.
Without Lindsey, St. John'sis led by a pairof freshmen in MoeHarkless and D'Angelo Harrison. Harkless averages15.8 points per game,just ahead of Harrison at 15. The Red Storm alsoget meaningful scoring fromforward God'sgift Achiuwa and combo playerSir'Dominic Pointer.
The Red Storm arrivesin Tampa having lost four of its last five games.On the season, seven ofSt. John's' nine losseshave come againstranked teams. Whilethe losses areunderstandable, St. John'slacks a quality win. A two-point win overCincinnati is the strongeston the Red Storm'sschedule, with the rest comingover various mid-majors.
Tipoff is scheduledfor 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities