Struggling St. Johns comes to Tampa
Coming off a dramatic win over No. 24 Seton Hall last week, the USF men's basketball team (10-8, 3-2)returns to the Tampa Bay Times Forum tonight to take on St. John's.
After making the NCAAtournament for the first time since 2002 last season, theRed Storm is strugglingthrough a difficult seasonthis year without its headcoach Steve Lavin.
Lavin is sidelined ashe continues to recover from surgery for prostate cancer. Mike Dunlap is serving as the interim coach.
On the court, St. John's(8-9, 2-4) has also struggled following the departure of Nurideen Lindsey, whoannounced his intention to transfer nine games intothe season. Lindsey averagedjust less than 12 pointsper game and led the teamin assists before leaving.
Without Lindsey, St. John'sis led by a pairof freshmen in MoeHarkless and D'Angelo Harrison. Harkless averages15.8 points per game,just ahead of Harrison at 15. The Red Storm alsoget meaningful scoring fromforward God'sgift Achiuwa and combo playerSir'Dominic Pointer.
The Red Storm arrivesin Tampa having lost four of its last five games.On the season, seven ofSt. John's' nine losseshave come againstranked teams. Whilethe losses areunderstandable, St. John'slacks a quality win. A two-point win overCincinnati is the strongeston the Red Storm'sschedule, with the rest comingover various mid-majors.
Tipoff is scheduledfor 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- SG president still has shot at BOT seat
- Kheireddine hopes past connections help future goals
- Bulls lose Merrell and McClanahan, win series at Memphis
- Men’s and women’s tennis win AAC titles, clinch NCAA Tournament berth
- Despite common belief, Florida trails far from flat
- March for Science: We’re not going away
- Kheireddine and Kent officially sworn into office
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas