Pierre-Paul, Williams help Giants to Super Bowl win
Former USF standouts Jason Pierre-Paul and Jacquian Williams helped the New York Giants to a 21-17 win over the New England Patriots in Super BowlXLVIon Sunday night inIndianapolis.
Both players recorded two tackles in the game, which was won by an Ahmad Bradshaw touchdown with 57 secondsremaining and came down toan unsuccessful last-second heave into theendzonebyPatriots quarterback Tom Brady. Pierre-Paul also had two pass break-ups.
The pair joins former USFbasketball star Dominique Jones, who won an NBA Championshipwith the Dallas Mavericks last season, as current worldchampions.
Pierre-Paul, in his second NFL season, had 16 tackles and a half sack in the postseason. Williams, a rookie, had 12 tackles andtwo forced fumbles during the Giants' playoff run.
McGeoghanheaded to Miami
USF lost one of its strongest recruiters just after National Signing Day last week.
After helping USF land the signatures of prizedrecruits Sean Price and ChrisBivinsJr. on Wednesday, wide receivers coach PhilMcGeoghangot a call from the MiamiDolphins, asking if he would like to fly to Miami on Thursdaymorning to interview for aposition as assistant receivers coach.
McGeoghanaccepted theposition, leaving USF as one of the strongest recruiters onthe staff. He recruited theGainesville-Ocala area, home to two of the highest-ratedprospects in the Bulls'2012 recruiting class.
McGeoghanwas one ofthree holdovers from JimLeavitt'sstaff, along with tight ends coach Larry Scott anddefensive tackles coach Kevin Patrick.
Just prior to accepting the Dolphins job,McGeoghanwas named a national "Top 50" recruiter by247sports.com, a full-time recruiting service.
Trio of T&F wins
Competing at the NewBalance Collegiate Invitationalin New York City, the USFtrack and field team tookhome three event wins.
NicoleRozariowon the 1-mile run with a time of 4:56.9.
DrewVolzwon the men's pole vault with a height of 17 3/4 and the quartet of PascalOrelus,DavidAristil, FranklinMoselyandReshawExilienran the4x400-meterrelay in 3:14.93 to win the college division.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities