Pierre-Paul, Williams help Giants to Super Bowl win
Former USF standouts Jason Pierre-Paul and Jacquian Williams helped the New York Giants to a 21-17 win over the New England Patriots in Super BowlXLVIon Sunday night inIndianapolis.
Both players recorded two tackles in the game, which was won by an Ahmad Bradshaw touchdown with 57 secondsremaining and came down toan unsuccessful last-second heave into theendzonebyPatriots quarterback Tom Brady. Pierre-Paul also had two pass break-ups.
The pair joins former USFbasketball star Dominique Jones, who won an NBA Championshipwith the Dallas Mavericks last season, as current worldchampions.
Pierre-Paul, in his second NFL season, had 16 tackles and a half sack in the postseason. Williams, a rookie, had 12 tackles andtwo forced fumbles during the Giants' playoff run.
McGeoghanheaded to Miami
USF lost one of its strongest recruiters just after National Signing Day last week.
After helping USF land the signatures of prizedrecruits Sean Price and ChrisBivinsJr. on Wednesday, wide receivers coach PhilMcGeoghangot a call from the MiamiDolphins, asking if he would like to fly to Miami on Thursdaymorning to interview for aposition as assistant receivers coach.
McGeoghanaccepted theposition, leaving USF as one of the strongest recruiters onthe staff. He recruited theGainesville-Ocala area, home to two of the highest-ratedprospects in the Bulls'2012 recruiting class.
McGeoghanwas one ofthree holdovers from JimLeavitt'sstaff, along with tight ends coach Larry Scott anddefensive tackles coach Kevin Patrick.
Just prior to accepting the Dolphins job,McGeoghanwas named a national "Top 50" recruiter by247sports.com, a full-time recruiting service.
Trio of T&F wins
Competing at the NewBalance Collegiate Invitationalin New York City, the USFtrack and field team tookhome three event wins.
NicoleRozariowon the 1-mile run with a time of 4:56.9.
DrewVolzwon the men's pole vault with a height of 17 3/4 and the quartet of PascalOrelus,DavidAristil, FranklinMoselyandReshawExilienran the4x400-meterrelay in 3:14.93 to win the college division.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”