Pierre-Paul, Williams help Giants to Super Bowl win
Former USF standouts Jason Pierre-Paul and Jacquian Williams helped the New York Giants to a 21-17 win over the New England Patriots in Super BowlXLVIon Sunday night inIndianapolis.
Both players recorded two tackles in the game, which was won by an Ahmad Bradshaw touchdown with 57 secondsremaining and came down toan unsuccessful last-second heave into theendzonebyPatriots quarterback Tom Brady. Pierre-Paul also had two pass break-ups.
The pair joins former USFbasketball star Dominique Jones, who won an NBA Championshipwith the Dallas Mavericks last season, as current worldchampions.
Pierre-Paul, in his second NFL season, had 16 tackles and a half sack in the postseason. Williams, a rookie, had 12 tackles andtwo forced fumbles during the Giants' playoff run.
McGeoghanheaded to Miami
USF lost one of its strongest recruiters just after National Signing Day last week.
After helping USF land the signatures of prizedrecruits Sean Price and ChrisBivinsJr. on Wednesday, wide receivers coach PhilMcGeoghangot a call from the MiamiDolphins, asking if he would like to fly to Miami on Thursdaymorning to interview for aposition as assistant receivers coach.
McGeoghanaccepted theposition, leaving USF as one of the strongest recruiters onthe staff. He recruited theGainesville-Ocala area, home to two of the highest-ratedprospects in the Bulls'2012 recruiting class.
McGeoghanwas one ofthree holdovers from JimLeavitt'sstaff, along with tight ends coach Larry Scott anddefensive tackles coach Kevin Patrick.
Just prior to accepting the Dolphins job,McGeoghanwas named a national "Top 50" recruiter by247sports.com, a full-time recruiting service.
Trio of T&F wins
Competing at the NewBalance Collegiate Invitationalin New York City, the USFtrack and field team tookhome three event wins.
NicoleRozariowon the 1-mile run with a time of 4:56.9.
DrewVolzwon the men's pole vault with a height of 17 3/4 and the quartet of PascalOrelus,DavidAristil, FranklinMoselyandReshawExilienran the4x400-meterrelay in 3:14.93 to win the college division.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- USF assistant coach resigns amid NCAA investigation
- UP arrests Clearwater man for sexual battery
- A student-driven upgrade: USF Health expands to better serve its students
- USF student interns in Florida Everglades
- Pokemon conquer campus: The new app “Pokemon Go” allows students to get act...
- We’ll always have Tampa: Tampa Theatre hosts Summer Classics Series
- O’Neal’s Olympic bid falls short
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board