Pierre-Paul, Williams help Giants to Super Bowl win
Former USF standouts Jason Pierre-Paul and Jacquian Williams helped the New York Giants to a 21-17 win over the New England Patriots in Super BowlXLVIon Sunday night inIndianapolis.
Both players recorded two tackles in the game, which was won by an Ahmad Bradshaw touchdown with 57 secondsremaining and came down toan unsuccessful last-second heave into theendzonebyPatriots quarterback Tom Brady. Pierre-Paul also had two pass break-ups.
The pair joins former USFbasketball star Dominique Jones, who won an NBA Championshipwith the Dallas Mavericks last season, as current worldchampions.
Pierre-Paul, in his second NFL season, had 16 tackles and a half sack in the postseason. Williams, a rookie, had 12 tackles andtwo forced fumbles during the Giants' playoff run.
McGeoghanheaded to Miami
USF lost one of its strongest recruiters just after National Signing Day last week.
After helping USF land the signatures of prizedrecruits Sean Price and ChrisBivinsJr. on Wednesday, wide receivers coach PhilMcGeoghangot a call from the MiamiDolphins, asking if he would like to fly to Miami on Thursdaymorning to interview for aposition as assistant receivers coach.
McGeoghanaccepted theposition, leaving USF as one of the strongest recruiters onthe staff. He recruited theGainesville-Ocala area, home to two of the highest-ratedprospects in the Bulls'2012 recruiting class.
McGeoghanwas one ofthree holdovers from JimLeavitt'sstaff, along with tight ends coach Larry Scott anddefensive tackles coach Kevin Patrick.
Just prior to accepting the Dolphins job,McGeoghanwas named a national "Top 50" recruiter by247sports.com, a full-time recruiting service.
Trio of T&F wins
Competing at the NewBalance Collegiate Invitationalin New York City, the USFtrack and field team tookhome three event wins.
NicoleRozariowon the 1-mile run with a time of 4:56.9.
DrewVolzwon the men's pole vault with a height of 17 3/4 and the quartet of PascalOrelus,DavidAristil, FranklinMoselyandReshawExilienran the4x400-meterrelay in 3:14.93 to win the college division.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- A bond between brothers
- As exams near, student stress levels soar
- Message to draftees: Don’t mess this up
- Bulls held scoreless in midweek loss to Stetson
- As need for cybersecurity grows, USF class offers solutions
- Florida should pass laws to help women
- Tampa continues to tackle public transportation issue
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum