Pierre-Paul, Williams help Giants to Super Bowl win
Former USF standouts Jason Pierre-Paul and Jacquian Williams helped the New York Giants to a 21-17 win over the New England Patriots in Super BowlXLVIon Sunday night inIndianapolis.
Both players recorded two tackles in the game, which was won by an Ahmad Bradshaw touchdown with 57 secondsremaining and came down toan unsuccessful last-second heave into theendzonebyPatriots quarterback Tom Brady. Pierre-Paul also had two pass break-ups.
The pair joins former USFbasketball star Dominique Jones, who won an NBA Championshipwith the Dallas Mavericks last season, as current worldchampions.
Pierre-Paul, in his second NFL season, had 16 tackles and a half sack in the postseason. Williams, a rookie, had 12 tackles andtwo forced fumbles during the Giants' playoff run.
McGeoghanheaded to Miami
USF lost one of its strongest recruiters just after National Signing Day last week.
After helping USF land the signatures of prizedrecruits Sean Price and ChrisBivinsJr. on Wednesday, wide receivers coach PhilMcGeoghangot a call from the MiamiDolphins, asking if he would like to fly to Miami on Thursdaymorning to interview for aposition as assistant receivers coach.
McGeoghanaccepted theposition, leaving USF as one of the strongest recruiters onthe staff. He recruited theGainesville-Ocala area, home to two of the highest-ratedprospects in the Bulls'2012 recruiting class.
McGeoghanwas one ofthree holdovers from JimLeavitt'sstaff, along with tight ends coach Larry Scott anddefensive tackles coach Kevin Patrick.
Just prior to accepting the Dolphins job,McGeoghanwas named a national "Top 50" recruiter by247sports.com, a full-time recruiting service.
Trio of T&F wins
Competing at the NewBalance Collegiate Invitationalin New York City, the USFtrack and field team tookhome three event wins.
NicoleRozariowon the 1-mile run with a time of 4:56.9.
DrewVolzwon the men's pole vault with a height of 17 3/4 and the quartet of PascalOrelus,DavidAristil, FranklinMoselyandReshawExilienran the4x400-meterrelay in 3:14.93 to win the college division.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Bolts build business partnership with bulls
- Vinikville: a healthy place to live and work
- Politicians debate Dozier’s future
- Actually She Can works to empower college women
- Busch Gardens gets ‘Unearthed’
- USF, Memphis have been on opposite paths since 2008 St. Petersburg Bowl
- Boehner’s resignation opens door to more productive leadership
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...
- Making Halloween a Treat For Parents As Well As Kids
- Career in Sales Can Satisfy an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Lighting Tips for Your Media Room
- The High Price of Health Care Illiteracy
- More Americans Choose Chiropractic Care: Gallup
- Is the Controversy Around Carrageenan Warranted?
- Limited Space, Big Love: Solutions for Cat Lovers in...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Event: Panel Discussion for Student Media
- All-New National Student Day Contest Opens Today
- Calling All College Football Fans: Samsung Milk Music Now Live Streaming Home and Away Feeds of NCAA Football Games
- Golden Door Scholars Expands Reach of College Scholarship Program for High-Performing Undocumented Students
- INTRODUCING: PAY YOUR SELFIE™, THE FIRST APP THAT PAYS CASH TO ANYONE FOR SELFIES