Oracle insight: USF against top-five competition
The USF men's basketball program has never defeated a team ranked in the top five in the country. Of course, this year's surging Bulls have a penchant for rewriting school history.
Three days after completing a sweep of Pittsburgh - ensuring their first-ever winning record in Big East play and tying a school-record winning streak - the Bulls could break another record by beating No. 2 Syracuse in New York tonight.
Tonight's game will be the seventh time since joining the Big East in 2005 that the Bulls match up with the nation's elite. This game features the Big East's top scoring offense, Syracuse's 76.8 points per game, against the league's best scoring defense, with USF allowing 58.2 points per game.
The biggest key for the Bulls will be controlling the pace of the game with point guard Anthony Collins slowing things down. With a notably athletic roster, Syracuse will hope to run the floor at every opportunity and score fast break points.
As USF has a chance to notch a historic win, The Oracle takes a look back at how the Bulls fared against elite competition last season.
Dec. 31, 2010
No. 4 Connecticut 66,
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities