Oracle insight: USF against top-five competition
The USF men's basketball program has never defeated a team ranked in the top five in the country. Of course, this year's surging Bulls have a penchant for rewriting school history.
Three days after completing a sweep of Pittsburgh - ensuring their first-ever winning record in Big East play and tying a school-record winning streak - the Bulls could break another record by beating No. 2 Syracuse in New York tonight.
Tonight's game will be the seventh time since joining the Big East in 2005 that the Bulls match up with the nation's elite. This game features the Big East's top scoring offense, Syracuse's 76.8 points per game, against the league's best scoring defense, with USF allowing 58.2 points per game.
The biggest key for the Bulls will be controlling the pace of the game with point guard Anthony Collins slowing things down. With a notably athletic roster, Syracuse will hope to run the floor at every opportunity and score fast break points.
As USF has a chance to notch a historic win, The Oracle takes a look back at how the Bulls fared against elite competition last season.
Dec. 31, 2010
No. 4 Connecticut 66,
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes