New coaches hired for mens tennis, volleyball
Tuesday, The USF mens tennis team announced a replacement for the longest tenured coach in school history.
Beginning with the Fall 2012 season, Matt Hill, former assistant coach at Mississippi State University, will be the new leader of the mens tennis team.
This is a great day for the USF mens tennis program,Athletics Director Doug Woolard said in a press release.We had the opportunity to meet with several of the top head and assistant coaches around the country, and Matt Hill continued to stand out.
Hills time at Mississippi State was marked by strong improvement, as the team went from being ranked No. 72 in 2009 to No. 11 in 2012, the schools best finish since 1998.
Draper steps in for Lessinger
After the abrupt departure of volleyball head coach Claire Lessinger, due in large part to her mothers cancer diagnosis, a replacement has been named.
Courtney Draper will be stepping in as the new head coach for the USF volleyball team.
I am very confident that she will provide terrific leadership and build on the great foundation in our womens volleyball program, USF athletic director Doug Woolard said in a press release.
Draper made an impact at Eckerd by leading the team to the NCAA Division II tournament during five of her eight years there. Prior to her time at Eckerd, Draper made history at Jacksonville University when she was the youngest head coach in Division I volleyball history at 25 years old.
Im overjoyed at the opportunity to lead the Bulls volleyball program, Draper said in a press release. Ive always had such respect for the program and people at USF, and its been a dream of mine to work at one of the best universities in the state.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes