New coaches hired for mens tennis, volleyball
Tuesday, The USF mens tennis team announced a replacement for the longest tenured coach in school history.
Beginning with the Fall 2012 season, Matt Hill, former assistant coach at Mississippi State University, will be the new leader of the mens tennis team.
This is a great day for the USF mens tennis program,Athletics Director Doug Woolard said in a press release.We had the opportunity to meet with several of the top head and assistant coaches around the country, and Matt Hill continued to stand out.
Hills time at Mississippi State was marked by strong improvement, as the team went from being ranked No. 72 in 2009 to No. 11 in 2012, the schools best finish since 1998.
Draper steps in for Lessinger
After the abrupt departure of volleyball head coach Claire Lessinger, due in large part to her mothers cancer diagnosis, a replacement has been named.
Courtney Draper will be stepping in as the new head coach for the USF volleyball team.
I am very confident that she will provide terrific leadership and build on the great foundation in our womens volleyball program, USF athletic director Doug Woolard said in a press release.
Draper made an impact at Eckerd by leading the team to the NCAA Division II tournament during five of her eight years there. Prior to her time at Eckerd, Draper made history at Jacksonville University when she was the youngest head coach in Division I volleyball history at 25 years old.
Im overjoyed at the opportunity to lead the Bulls volleyball program, Draper said in a press release. Ive always had such respect for the program and people at USF, and its been a dream of mine to work at one of the best universities in the state.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Report: Guerrero adds to growing list of basketball transfers
- Strong announces Childs has been dismissed from team
- Tampa still needs improvement for LGBT rights
- Pitching carrying USF baseball's hot start
- Viola Davis lecture moved to Sun Dome
- Cancer survivor to speak at TEDxUSF
- Childs arrested for involvement in road rage shooting
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards