Lessinger steps down as volleyball head coach
One of the most successful coaches in the history of USF will no longer be on the sidelines for the Bulls.
Claire Lessinger will step down from her position as head coach of the USF volleyball team due to family illness. Lessingers mother was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Im extremely proud of what weve accomplished during my time at USF, Lessinger said in a press release. As much as I love the coaches,student-athletes and staff here, my family is the most important thing to me, and right now, I need to be with them.
Lessinger was the face of USF volleyball during her 13 years with the team, the final eight of which she served as the head coach. She is also well known around the nation, as she is currently the Vice President of the BIG EAST Coaches Association and Chair of the American Volleyball Coaches Association All-Region Committee.
After a career that saw 79 wins and four conference tournament appearances in her final five seasons, Lessinger has announced her final day will be July 15.
Our thoughts are with Claire and her family during this difficult time, USF athletic director Doug Woolard said in a press release. Well provide whatever support we can for her moving forward. Claires passion both for USF and the volleyball program have been evident and that energy will be missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities