Lessinger steps down as volleyball head coach
One of the most successful coaches in the history of USF will no longer be on the sidelines for the Bulls.
Claire Lessinger will step down from her position as head coach of the USF volleyball team due to family illness. Lessingers mother was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Im extremely proud of what weve accomplished during my time at USF, Lessinger said in a press release. As much as I love the coaches,student-athletes and staff here, my family is the most important thing to me, and right now, I need to be with them.
Lessinger was the face of USF volleyball during her 13 years with the team, the final eight of which she served as the head coach. She is also well known around the nation, as she is currently the Vice President of the BIG EAST Coaches Association and Chair of the American Volleyball Coaches Association All-Region Committee.
After a career that saw 79 wins and four conference tournament appearances in her final five seasons, Lessinger has announced her final day will be July 15.
Our thoughts are with Claire and her family during this difficult time, USF athletic director Doug Woolard said in a press release. Well provide whatever support we can for her moving forward. Claires passion both for USF and the volleyball program have been evident and that energy will be missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move