Kafalas named to BigEast weekly Honor Roll
It didn't take long for the USF softball team to start picking up individual honors this season.
After just one weekend of play, senior right-fielder Gina Kafalas was named to the Big East Weekly Honor Roll on Monday after a weekend in which she hit .400 with six hits, three RBIs and four runs scored.
She also stole two bases as the Bulls beat Maine, Florida Gulf Coast and Long Island State before falling 3-2 to No. 2 Florida in extra innings Sunday.
Kafalas led the team a season ago in all four of those categories, with a .359 batting average, 61 hits, 48 runs scored and 24 stolen bases.
The Bulls are back on the diamond this weekend as they host the USF Invitational. USF will play Drake on Friday, Wisconsin and Arkansas on Saturday and Georgia Southern on Sunday.
Robertson also honored
Men's basketball guard Hugh Robertson was also named to the Honor Roll after a strong offensive showing in a pair of USF wins last week.
Against Pittsburgh on Wednesday, Robertson scored a season-high 18 points without missing a single shot all night, going 7-of-7 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free-throw line in 35 minutes of the Bulls' 63-51 win over the Panthers.
He followed that up with six points, four rebounds and three assists in USF's 55-48 win at Providence on Saturday.
Known as the Bulls' defensive specialist, Robertson often finds himself guarding the opposition's best player. Against Pittsburgh, he held Big East Preseason Player of the Year Ashton Gibbs to a season-worst four points.
Lately though, Robertson has been asserting himself on the offensive end, having scored nine or more points in three of USF's last six games.
USF hosts Villanova in a midweek game Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- A month of thrills and chills
- Impending shutdown disastrous for students
- USF receivers being 'let loose' with new, relaxed mentality
- USF football coach Willie Taggart says offensive excitement here to stay
- For USF volleyball's Dakota Hampton, winning is the only way
- Lack of warning during Sunday's on-campus shooting incident concerns students
- USF lobbies for $22.5 million for downtown medical school
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Public Smoking Ban Sparks Market for Revolutionary...
- What to Ask Before Buying a Stairlift
- Americans Prefer Cleaning Toilets Over Researching Health...
- Avoid Drugs and Surgery With Chiropractic Care
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Think Your Grades Aren't Good Enough To Get into a Top-10 Business School? Think Again!
- Voto Latino to Gather Hundreds of Young Latinos for Major Summit in Silicon Valley
- October 8 is National Student Day
- KORU LAUNCHES NEW, UNIQUE JOB FINDER FOR COLLEGE GRADS
- Amazon Student Celebrates Fall with Exclusive Deals and Scholarships