Endler wins conference honors
A 2-0 record in the College of Charleston Cup was enough to get a conference honor for a member of the USF womens soccer team.
Freshman keeper Christiane Endler of Santiago, Chile, was named the Big East goalkeeper of the week after picking up her third shutout allowing just one goal in wins over Charleston and Kennesaw State in South Carolina.
Its a good reward when youve been working really hard and feel like your goalkeeper has been solid, coach Denise Schilte-Brown said. Youre telling her thats shes doing well, and its nice to have that exterior reward. Shes been confident, steady and has been making the right decisions.
Chance named to honor roll
After scoring two goals in a2-1 win over the host team tobegin the College of Charleston Cup, freshman forward/midfielder Olivia Chance was named to the Big East weekly honor roll.
(Olivia) had not been happy with her performances since shes been here. Shes used to being an impact player, a very good player, and was looking for a rhythm in her strides, Schilte-Brown said. Every game she was getting better, but this kind of connected for her.
Chances production may have been a result of Schilte-Browns decision to make a formation shift, switching Chance and junior forward Demi Stokes on the front line a move that, according to Schilte-Brown, was impactful in both games.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Firefighter Battles Flames and Cancer
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move