Cosh joins staff as new defensive coordinator
The search is over. USFwill have a new faceroaming the sidelines come this fall, thanks to the hiringof defensive coordinatorChris Cosh.
Cosh will make themove to Tampa after athree-year stay at KansasState, where he served asboth defensive coordinatorand linebackers coach for the Wildcats. In his28-season coaching career, Cosh has spent 15 seasons as defensive coordinator at Kansas State, Maryland,South Carolina, MichiganState and Illinois.
"I'm excited that Chrishas agreed to be thedefensive coordinator here," Holtz said. "We're veryfamiliar with each other,having coached together for five years at South Carolina."
Cosh was brought in toreplace Mark Snyder, wholeft the Bulls in the offseasonto serve as a defensivecoordinator in the vaunted Southeastern Conference with the Texas A&M Aggies.
"I've got great respect for him as a teacher andcommunicator," Holtz said. "He's had a lot of successbuilding some of the top programs in the country and I'm looking forward toworking with him again hereat USF."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Trump rally inspires supporters, draws record crowd to Sun Dome
- Letter to the Editor: From the voices of the USF Community: We do welcome...
- Table for two: Valentine’s Day ideas for everyone
- Letter To The Editor: From voices of the USF community: We do not welcome...
- USF staff loses Hope, potentially adds former Buccaneer
- Florida Legislature kills LGBT discrimination ban
- USF partners with Brazilian university
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?