Cosh joins staff as new defensive coordinator
The search is over. USFwill have a new faceroaming the sidelines come this fall, thanks to the hiringof defensive coordinatorChris Cosh.
Cosh will make themove to Tampa after athree-year stay at KansasState, where he served asboth defensive coordinatorand linebackers coach for the Wildcats. In his28-season coaching career, Cosh has spent 15 seasons as defensive coordinator at Kansas State, Maryland,South Carolina, MichiganState and Illinois.
"I'm excited that Chrishas agreed to be thedefensive coordinator here," Holtz said. "We're veryfamiliar with each other,having coached together for five years at South Carolina."
Cosh was brought in toreplace Mark Snyder, wholeft the Bulls in the offseasonto serve as a defensivecoordinator in the vaunted Southeastern Conference with the Texas A&M Aggies.
"I've got great respect for him as a teacher andcommunicator," Holtz said. "He's had a lot of successbuilding some of the top programs in the country and I'm looking forward toworking with him again hereat USF."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care