Cosh joins staff as new defensive coordinator
The search is over. USFwill have a new faceroaming the sidelines come this fall, thanks to the hiringof defensive coordinatorChris Cosh.
Cosh will make themove to Tampa after athree-year stay at KansasState, where he served asboth defensive coordinatorand linebackers coach for the Wildcats. In his28-season coaching career, Cosh has spent 15 seasons as defensive coordinator at Kansas State, Maryland,South Carolina, MichiganState and Illinois.
"I'm excited that Chrishas agreed to be thedefensive coordinator here," Holtz said. "We're veryfamiliar with each other,having coached together for five years at South Carolina."
Cosh was brought in toreplace Mark Snyder, wholeft the Bulls in the offseasonto serve as a defensivecoordinator in the vaunted Southeastern Conference with the Texas A&M Aggies.
"I've got great respect for him as a teacher andcommunicator," Holtz said. "He's had a lot of successbuilding some of the top programs in the country and I'm looking forward toworking with him again hereat USF."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Florida leaders work to combat the Zika Virus
- Dorm hacks: A guide to maximizing dorm living
- Big things to come from USF's tight end duo
- Change, through their eyes
- USF students fight to keep Busch Gardens discount
- Student’s fury: The curse of the discontinued Busch Gardens pass
- USF reveals new uniforms for opening game
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain
- Lighting Tips to Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space
- 4 Ways to Cut Your Energy Bills (5 If You're Up to It)