Bulls win in Wynne's return
Jasmine Wynne marked her return to the women's basketball lineup with a win Saturday night, as the Bulls beat Pittsburgh 62-50 in the Campus Recreation Center.
Wynne had missed three games with a concussion but shined in her return to the floor, scoring a game-high 14 points as USF (15-13, 7-7) climbed to .500 in Big East play.
"It was great to come back," Wynne said. "My teammates, coaches and trainers all encouraged me. It was tough watching, but I knew that they could do it and they showed that they can play."
Andrell Smith, who led the Bulls in Wynne's absence, continued her strong play against the Panthers, scoring 10 points and grabbing eight rebounds.
Tahira Johnson and Inga Orekhova also reached double-figure scoring with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Riding a three-game win streak, USF now travels for a Saturday matchup at No. 2 Notre Dame.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- No love lost in Antigua-Calipari reunion
- USF rolls past rival UCF, but is denied spot in AAC title game
- Trump miraculously still holds voters’ hearts
- As USF football surges forward, winless UCF hobbles toward finish line
- USF men's basketball tops Albany for first win of season
- USF professor goes viral for comments on friend requests
- Tampa sees rise in income inequality
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind