Bulls win in Wynne's return
Jasmine Wynne marked her return to the women's basketball lineup with a win Saturday night, as the Bulls beat Pittsburgh 62-50 in the Campus Recreation Center.
Wynne had missed three games with a concussion but shined in her return to the floor, scoring a game-high 14 points as USF (15-13, 7-7) climbed to .500 in Big East play.
"It was great to come back," Wynne said. "My teammates, coaches and trainers all encouraged me. It was tough watching, but I knew that they could do it and they showed that they can play."
Andrell Smith, who led the Bulls in Wynne's absence, continued her strong play against the Panthers, scoring 10 points and grabbing eight rebounds.
Tahira Johnson and Inga Orekhova also reached double-figure scoring with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Riding a three-game win streak, USF now travels for a Saturday matchup at No. 2 Notre Dame.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protect Your Kid's Identity
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow