Bulls win in Wynne's return
Jasmine Wynne marked her return to the women's basketball lineup with a win Saturday night, as the Bulls beat Pittsburgh 62-50 in the Campus Recreation Center.
Wynne had missed three games with a concussion but shined in her return to the floor, scoring a game-high 14 points as USF (15-13, 7-7) climbed to .500 in Big East play.
"It was great to come back," Wynne said. "My teammates, coaches and trainers all encouraged me. It was tough watching, but I knew that they could do it and they showed that they can play."
Andrell Smith, who led the Bulls in Wynne's absence, continued her strong play against the Panthers, scoring 10 points and grabbing eight rebounds.
Tahira Johnson and Inga Orekhova also reached double-figure scoring with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Riding a three-game win streak, USF now travels for a Saturday matchup at No. 2 Notre Dame.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Cosplayers to suit up for Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Search continues for graves at Dozier
- USF Athletics: What you might have missed this summer
- Pujol represents Bulls in FIBA World Cup
- The health consequences of a night with Netflix
- Colleges should worry about losing funding over Title IX violations
- Renovations revitalize USF Bookstore
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?