Bulls win in Wynne's return
Jasmine Wynne marked her return to the women's basketball lineup with a win Saturday night, as the Bulls beat Pittsburgh 62-50 in the Campus Recreation Center.
Wynne had missed three games with a concussion but shined in her return to the floor, scoring a game-high 14 points as USF (15-13, 7-7) climbed to .500 in Big East play.
"It was great to come back," Wynne said. "My teammates, coaches and trainers all encouraged me. It was tough watching, but I knew that they could do it and they showed that they can play."
Andrell Smith, who led the Bulls in Wynne's absence, continued her strong play against the Panthers, scoring 10 points and grabbing eight rebounds.
Tahira Johnson and Inga Orekhova also reached double-figure scoring with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Riding a three-game win streak, USF now travels for a Saturday matchup at No. 2 Notre Dame.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- App rewards students for paying attention
- A student’s guide to the 2016 candidates: Carly Fiorina
- Bulls ‘Wild ‘N Out’ at comedy show
- The king and queen have arrived
- USF softball coach Ken Eriksen hopeful for latest Olympic push
- Willie Taggart’s belief in Quinton Flowers is a refreshing positive for USF...
- #ActuallySheCan campaign works toward empowering women
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Winter Is Coming: Is Your Fuel Ready?
- Could The Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Can Insurance Companies Adapt to Today's Fast-Paced...
- Help Fund Your Favorite School Cause One Apple at a Time
- New TIPS Program Focuses on Preventing Youth Sports Injuries
- Don't Let Spooky Pests Haunt Your Home This Fall
- Weight Loss Procedure Hits a Nerve -- Literally
- Clues in the Attic: Pre-Winter Roof Checkups Made Easy
- Feeding Your Joints to Stay on the Move
- High Tech Pearls Are Captivating the Younger Jewelry...