Bulls win in Wynne's return
Jasmine Wynne marked her return to the women's basketball lineup with a win Saturday night, as the Bulls beat Pittsburgh 62-50 in the Campus Recreation Center.
Wynne had missed three games with a concussion but shined in her return to the floor, scoring a game-high 14 points as USF (15-13, 7-7) climbed to .500 in Big East play.
"It was great to come back," Wynne said. "My teammates, coaches and trainers all encouraged me. It was tough watching, but I knew that they could do it and they showed that they can play."
Andrell Smith, who led the Bulls in Wynne's absence, continued her strong play against the Panthers, scoring 10 points and grabbing eight rebounds.
Tahira Johnson and Inga Orekhova also reached double-figure scoring with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Riding a three-game win streak, USF now travels for a Saturday matchup at No. 2 Notre Dame.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Trump to hold rally at Sun Dome
- Fun sailing with Gasparilla continues until April
- SG Senate approves divestment again
- USF takes stance against biased speech
- USF research team witnesses historic eruption
- USF totals 18 signees on National Signing Day
- USF's Courtney Williams eclipses 2,000 career points in win
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber
- How Safe Is Your Child's Bedroom?
- Is Your Smile Unforgettable?
- Gallup Report Shows More Americans Favor Chiropractic Care
- Reading Program Is 'Changing Lives One Student at a Time'