Bulls rally, fade in loss to Cuse
USF couldn't have asked for a better start to Wednesday's men's basketball game at No. 2 Syracuse, taking control early and then trading scoring runs before ultimately losing 56-48.
The Bulls (17-11, 10-5) quieted the Carrier Dome crowd, quickly jumping out to an 18-5 lead with 9:38 remaining in the first half. The Orange opened the game sluggishly, shooting 2-of-10 from the field early on.
Yet USF's offense hit a wall, closing the first half with zero points in the final 8:53 and trailing 24-20 as Syracuse found its rhythm and started taking control. The Orange ending the half on a 15-0 scoring run.
Syracuse's run extended all the way to 24-0 before the Bulls again found a footing, cutting a 33-20 deficit with 17:25 remaining to a 36-31 deficit with an 11-3 run of their own.
USF cut the deficit to just one point with 6:25 remaining before Syracuse pulled away, easing to a 9-point win.
The loss drops USF back into a tie for fifth place in the Big East with three games remaining in the regular season, beginning Sunday at home against Cincinnati at noon.
- Reporting by Michael Manganello
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough for Patients With Fungal...
- Millennials and Health Care
- Is Your Christmas Tree Up to the Task?
- Save Time and Money With a Mail-Order Pharmacy
- How to Store Your Warm Weather Gear for Winter Hibernation
- 5 Ways to Raise Capital and Start a Business
- Have Chronic Pain? Here's a Safer Alternative to Opioids
- Military Training Happens Virtually in Florida
- Out of This World: Challenge Open to 3D Print in Space
- Power Down the AC on National Ceiling Fan Day