Bulls lose in AAC semifinals, continue to NCAA Tournament
The USF softball team was unable to move past Louisville in the AAC Tournament on Friday as they were beaten by a score of 8-0 in Houston.
The loss against the Cardinals on Friday was nothing new to the Bulls, as they have lost all four times the two teams were matched up this season.
Sara Nevins (27-8) helped lead the Bulls in their first and only victory of the tournament in a 5-3 win over Memphis, but she struggled mightily against the Cardinals. The senior pitcher surrendered five runs in less than two innings and when she left the game, the Bulls were losing 5-0.
The majority of the damage done by the Cardinals came on one swing by Katie Keller. The senior second baseman hit a grand slam in the second inning, giving Louisville more runs than they would end up needing. Even without the grand slam, Nevins was still ineffective with her pitches.
Nevins had 58 pitches including three walks in the 1 2/3 innings she pitched. In comparison, she threw 88 pitches and issued no walks in 5 1/3 innings in the victory against Memphis.
The Bulls struggled at the plate as well on Friday, as freshman Juli Weber was the only batter to record multiple hits. Aside from Weber, only three batters were able to get a hit.
Despite the loss, it was announced Sunday night that the Bulls have been selected to play in the NCAA Tournament. They will begin tournament play by squaring off against South Carolina in Tallahassee on Friday at 4:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Laksa refuses to be defined by age; instead it drives her.
- USF football is bowl bound, but where will it land?
- World unites to save environment
- Sleep disorders common on college campuses
- Apps bring banking to phones, millennials
- Love remains after Antigua-Calipari reunion
- USF rolls past rival UCF, but is denied spot in AAC title game
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities