Bulls look to break road losing skid tonight in Milwaukee
After breaking a four-game losing streak with a 54-39 win over Villanova at home on Saturday, the USF women's basketball team now has another streak to break.
The Bulls (13-13, 5-7) have lost three straight Big East road games - by an average of 13.3 points - after opening with wins in two of their first three conference away games.
USF will get the chance to break the streak when it matches up with Marquette tonight at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee, where the Golden Eagles are 10-4 this season.
On the road, the problem for the Bulls hasn't been scoring, with their average actually two points higher for away games - it's been on the defensive end.
Opponents are averaging 7.9 more points per game when they get to play the Bulls in their home gym (64.5), rather than the Campus Recreation Center (56.6).
Another obstacle for the Bulls is the continued absence of starting guard Jasmine Wynne, who has missed the last two games with a concussion.
Prior to her injury, which was sustained Feb. 4 against Syracuse, Wynne had scored at least 10 points in 20 consecutive games for the Bulls. In the two games without her, the Bulls have averaged 15 turnovers.
The Golden Eagles (13-11, 4-7)come into the game having lost five of their last six contests.
Marquette is led by sophomore forward Katherine Plouffe, who averages 14.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game, both team highs.
The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, with tipoff scheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities