Bulls look to break road losing skid tonight in Milwaukee
After breaking a four-game losing streak with a 54-39 win over Villanova at home on Saturday, the USF women's basketball team now has another streak to break.
The Bulls (13-13, 5-7) have lost three straight Big East road games - by an average of 13.3 points - after opening with wins in two of their first three conference away games.
USF will get the chance to break the streak when it matches up with Marquette tonight at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee, where the Golden Eagles are 10-4 this season.
On the road, the problem for the Bulls hasn't been scoring, with their average actually two points higher for away games - it's been on the defensive end.
Opponents are averaging 7.9 more points per game when they get to play the Bulls in their home gym (64.5), rather than the Campus Recreation Center (56.6).
Another obstacle for the Bulls is the continued absence of starting guard Jasmine Wynne, who has missed the last two games with a concussion.
Prior to her injury, which was sustained Feb. 4 against Syracuse, Wynne had scored at least 10 points in 20 consecutive games for the Bulls. In the two games without her, the Bulls have averaged 15 turnovers.
The Golden Eagles (13-11, 4-7)come into the game having lost five of their last six contests.
Marquette is led by sophomore forward Katherine Plouffe, who averages 14.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game, both team highs.
The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, with tipoff scheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS