Bulls look to break road losing skid tonight in Milwaukee
After breaking a four-game losing streak with a 54-39 win over Villanova at home on Saturday, the USF women's basketball team now has another streak to break.
The Bulls (13-13, 5-7) have lost three straight Big East road games - by an average of 13.3 points - after opening with wins in two of their first three conference away games.
USF will get the chance to break the streak when it matches up with Marquette tonight at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee, where the Golden Eagles are 10-4 this season.
On the road, the problem for the Bulls hasn't been scoring, with their average actually two points higher for away games - it's been on the defensive end.
Opponents are averaging 7.9 more points per game when they get to play the Bulls in their home gym (64.5), rather than the Campus Recreation Center (56.6).
Another obstacle for the Bulls is the continued absence of starting guard Jasmine Wynne, who has missed the last two games with a concussion.
Prior to her injury, which was sustained Feb. 4 against Syracuse, Wynne had scored at least 10 points in 20 consecutive games for the Bulls. In the two games without her, the Bulls have averaged 15 turnovers.
The Golden Eagles (13-11, 4-7)come into the game having lost five of their last six contests.
Marquette is led by sophomore forward Katherine Plouffe, who averages 14.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game, both team highs.
The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, with tipoff scheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Food, Fuel, and Finance ... The 3Fs of Economics
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates