Bulls look to break road losing skid tonight in Milwaukee
After breaking a four-game losing streak with a 54-39 win over Villanova at home on Saturday, the USF women's basketball team now has another streak to break.
The Bulls (13-13, 5-7) have lost three straight Big East road games - by an average of 13.3 points - after opening with wins in two of their first three conference away games.
USF will get the chance to break the streak when it matches up with Marquette tonight at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee, where the Golden Eagles are 10-4 this season.
On the road, the problem for the Bulls hasn't been scoring, with their average actually two points higher for away games - it's been on the defensive end.
Opponents are averaging 7.9 more points per game when they get to play the Bulls in their home gym (64.5), rather than the Campus Recreation Center (56.6).
Another obstacle for the Bulls is the continued absence of starting guard Jasmine Wynne, who has missed the last two games with a concussion.
Prior to her injury, which was sustained Feb. 4 against Syracuse, Wynne had scored at least 10 points in 20 consecutive games for the Bulls. In the two games without her, the Bulls have averaged 15 turnovers.
The Golden Eagles (13-11, 4-7)come into the game having lost five of their last six contests.
Marquette is led by sophomore forward Katherine Plouffe, who averages 14.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game, both team highs.
The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, with tipoff scheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- County plans traffic light outside IQ Apartments
- Despite injury, Flowers to start against No. 22 Navy
- Trump, Clinton focus on Bay Area with early voting commencing
- Building a BRIDGE
- Organization provides shuttles to early polling sites
- USF campus police notification system receives criticism from students
- Women’s basketball starter ruled out
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
- Stem Cells, Biologics Could Be Answer to Next Generation...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS