Bulls look to break road losing skid tonight in Milwaukee
After breaking a four-game losing streak with a 54-39 win over Villanova at home on Saturday, the USF women's basketball team now has another streak to break.
The Bulls (13-13, 5-7) have lost three straight Big East road games - by an average of 13.3 points - after opening with wins in two of their first three conference away games.
USF will get the chance to break the streak when it matches up with Marquette tonight at the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee, where the Golden Eagles are 10-4 this season.
On the road, the problem for the Bulls hasn't been scoring, with their average actually two points higher for away games - it's been on the defensive end.
Opponents are averaging 7.9 more points per game when they get to play the Bulls in their home gym (64.5), rather than the Campus Recreation Center (56.6).
Another obstacle for the Bulls is the continued absence of starting guard Jasmine Wynne, who has missed the last two games with a concussion.
Prior to her injury, which was sustained Feb. 4 against Syracuse, Wynne had scored at least 10 points in 20 consecutive games for the Bulls. In the two games without her, the Bulls have averaged 15 turnovers.
The Golden Eagles (13-11, 4-7)come into the game having lost five of their last six contests.
Marquette is led by sophomore forward Katherine Plouffe, who averages 14.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game, both team highs.
The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network, with tipoff scheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
- This Spring, It's all About That Bass Fishing -- and Your...
- Pepper Spray Conversations Heat Up, Myths Debunked
- The Eyes Have It -- New Corrective Lens Marks Vision...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards