Bulls host Villanova tonight
After topping Providence for the second time this season Saturday, the USF men's basketball team gets another chance for a season sweep tonight when it hosts Villanova at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
Villanova and Providence are two of three league opponents the Bulls play twice in the regular season. After going for the sweep tonight, USF can do the same with a trip to Pittsburgh on Sunday.
The Bulls (15-10, 8-4) outplayed the Wildcats (11-13, 4-8) in a decisive 74-57 win Jan. 5 at The Pavilion, easing to their most decisive Big East victory in program history.
Jawanza Poland matched his career high with 20 points and USF put together a dominant rebounding performance.
Villanova is the seventh-best rebounding team in the country, averaging 40.3 per game, but USF's big front line controlled the glass throughout, outrebounding the Wildcats 36-18.
Coming into tonight's game, the Bulls have outrebounded eight consecutive opponents, their longest such streak since the 1995-96 season.
Just like for USF's win over the Panthers a week ago, USF Athletics and Student Government have teamed up to provide USF students with a free ride downtown for the game.
Two charter buses will depart from the Marshall Student Center at 5 p.m. and go to Hooters at Channelside, where riders will be given a free wings basket and USF T-shirt.
Tipoff on ESPN2 is set for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
- Quinton Flowers wins AAC Offensive Player of the Year
- BOT formally approves Genshaft bonus
- Top 10 moments of the fall semester
- Netflix: No Wi-Fi needed
- USF Health Services sees spike in clients as exams near
- USF System President Genshaft up for performance-based stipend
- USF students reflect on fall semester
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities