Bulls host surprising Seton Hall on Friday
The men's basketball team returns home Friday nightto welcome Seton Hall, one of the most surprising teams
early on in Big East play.
The No. 24 Pirates (15-2),picked to finish 13th in the preseason media poll, come to Tampa second in theBig East with a 4-1 recordin the league, just a halfgame back of undefeatedNo. 1 Syracuse. Seton Halllost 75-49 to the Orange in the Big East opener Dec. 28. Their only other loss of the season came on a neutralfloor to Northwestern 80-73 in the Charleston Classic.
Seton Hall is led byforward Herb Pope, whoaverages a double-double with17.5 points and 10.8 rebounds per game. Jordan Theodore (16.5) and Fuquan Edwin (14.9) also average doublefigures in points.
USF (9-8, 2-2) is coming off a 60-49 loss at Notre Dameon Tuesday night, whichended a two-game Big East winning streak.
Guard Jawanza Poland, who made his season debutDec. 19 in a win overCleveland State, is finding his rhythm after a long spell onthe sidelines with a backinjury, averaging 11 points per game. He scored 12 points off the bench against theFighting Irish.
USF lost 64-55 at Seton Hall in last season's Big Eastopener. Guard Hugh Robertson led the Bulls with 14 points in that loss, though Poland and forward Augustus Gilchrist were also in double figures.
USF is 8-1 at homethis season and 4-1 atthe Tampa Bay Times Forum,with the only blemishbeing a 60-57 loss todefending national championConnecticut on Dec. 28.
Tipoff at the Forum isscheduled for 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More usforacle News Articles
Recent usforacle News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USFORACLE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USFORACLE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now